Thread: 2017 Fresh Multi-Bollywood Remix

2017 Fresh Multi-Bollywood Remix

Wow, it has been one heck of a ride, started Djing around 10 years ago, complete basement DJ amateur, now I want to perfect my craft, constructive criticism welcome, and a little bashing is okay as long as it drives home a point haha.
    I made this mix Live in serato video just recorded the set directly using multiple tracks, beats, and a DDJSX. I know we don't have alot of bollywood in here so thought some of you would appreciate it!
    Need an amazing Video DJ that can Handle Indian and American, let's work together!

Quote Originally Posted by DJAkash View Post
    [video=vimeo;204306517]I made this mix Live in serato video just recorded the set directly using multiple tracks, beats, and a DDJSX. I know we don't have alot of bollywood in here so thought some of you would appreciate it!
    I'm not familiar with a lot fo Bollywood tracks, but I must say this: The Mix was too short! MOAR!!! I WANTS MOAR!!!
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Haha, all the trappy/hip hop drum and bass beats I put in live on deck 3 and 4, I may actually mix in another track to extend the mix by a track, unfortunately Vimeo has limits or I would have posted my other 5m bollymix!
    Need an amazing Video DJ that can Handle Indian and American, let's work together!

Anyone listen to it in depth on good headphones or speakers?
    I was told by quite a few people that its good, However one person I asked the opinion from, who I respect, said it was off beat, the entire song was off they told me. I want to learn to do better, but I can't personally hear exactly what I could have done to make it sound right. What should I focus on?

Quote Originally Posted by DJAkash View Post
    Anyone listen to it in depth on good headphones or speakers?
    I was told by quite a few people that its good, However one person I asked the opinion from, who I respect, said it was off beat, the entire song was off they told me. I want to learn to do better, but I can't personally hear exactly what I could have done to make it sound right. What should I focus on?
    I am led to believe the person who you respect does not know what on earth they are talking about.
    What do they mean by the entire song was off beat? Do they even know what that means?
    Your mix was phrase matched and timed well, and there were multiple songs in the mix.

So there was no "entire song" and the mix was beat and phrase matched. Off-beat? Entire song? wtf

With the video, it almost seems like a pre-prepared mix.
    So while I know nothing about bollywood stuff, I was jolly partial to the bhang and ra in my day; I like the mix.
    Last edited by pete; 02-18-2017 at 08:14 AM.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I just had it on computer speakers. Definitely need at least a 30m mix - video optional.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    I'm not familiar with a lot fo Bollywood tracks, but I must say this: The Mix was too short! MOAR!!! I WANTS MOAR!!!
    here u go bro

1st of my 3 part bollywood mix: YOu can DL it from that page if you wish http://soundcloud.com/djfarhansynerg...wood-beatz-mix
    2nd bollywood mix: Indian superspices - a collection of lab-inspired indian tracks using different style of beats in abundance... Wanna taste? Its spicy and gonna make you jump off yo seat! ;-D YOu can DL it from that page if you wish http://soundcloud.com/djfarhansynerg...uperspices-mix
    3rd bollywood mix: Its jampacked full of beats, so not for the faint of the heart ;-P YOu can DL it from that page if you wish http://soundcloud.com/dj-farhan-ashr...-desi-danz-mix

@pete
    They are a much more experienced DJ, which is why I believed I must have made a mistake somewhere if they are saying that.
    But, I do also respect the word of our fellow DJs on here which is why I ask!
    I thought it was on phrase and everything also, trying to understand how it could be off.
    The mixes were not pre prepared, I self made 1000s of videos for dance floors, just the original song mp3 audio that I manually line up with an hd video, because videos audio quality in bollywood and bhangra sound terrible and have random interjections. Serato Video live on the turntables using channel 1 and 2 for the main tracks and 3 and 4 for beats to make it lively(the drums and bass).
    Bhangra is my specialty actually, will make a mix soon as Vimeo resets my weekly limit.
    @KLH
    I didn't doubt you heard it, just thought maybe we both missed something.
    I would do a longer mix but my Vimeo only has a 500mb limit, and I wanted to make these mixes for my website https://www.djakaash.com/video

Thank you for your input guys!
    Last edited by DJAkash; 02-18-2017 at 03:29 PM.