Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technics hints it wants dj's back with new model....

Quote Originally Posted by robmixx View Post
    What model did they make with user replaceable rca's and such?
    MK4 and the current GAE/G/GR have rca connectors.

They never marketed a dj turntable.
    They did. Early MK2 ad, 1979:

Also, a promo brochure at that time is pointing that the quartz controlled pitch "will be appreciated by disco djs who wish to maintain consistent rhythm when changing records."

In the 1980 Technics catalogue it was described as the standard equipment of every better discotheque due to its reliability.

I could see someone who uses real records getting these but for dvs this is too expensive and is overkill. Peace be with you............Rob Mixx

I remember that ad, but it was in the catalog at the actual retailer is where I saw it when my mom was buying me a boom box. I never saw it in the magazines of that time.

I remember that ad, but it was in the catalog at the actual retailer is where I saw it when my mom was buying me a boom box. I never saw it in the magazines of that time.
    It's from Billboard magazine december '79. Nevermind, point is they did have DJs on mind while not sacrificing the audiophile quality. Different times.

Any thoughts on the new Technics MK7? I am hearing that it's just a copy of the MK2s which is a little disappointing, especially since they have been out of the game since 2010?

I upgrading my own MD3s with the RCA mod so that I can use my own RCA cables. I didn't get the RCA mods from Italy, they want close to 200 bills for just 1, wow. I actually thought about purchasing one and 3D printing it.
    "Light up the Darkness"
    Technics 1200 MD3s; Denon SC3900s; Denon X600

If you're handy enough with a couple of tools and a soldering iron, it's much better to do it yourself. I never understood why Technics kept making them with a dollar store wire hanging off of the unit, such as flawed design. I had mine swapped with some much higher quality RCAs.