Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top DJ headphones for music production

Question Top DJ headphones for music production

Hi guys!

What would be your advice on buying a good DJ headphones only for music production (by using DAW like "ableton", "logic pro", "reason", "fl studio" etc...)
    What about this one from Sennheiser: http://en-de.sennheiser.com/hd25
    --
    Additional info:
    Genre: Techno
    Budget limit: 180€

Thanks!

Sony MDR-7506. They're the best, IMHO.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

HD-25 user here.

Own a pair of those, AND a pair of Amperiors that I normally use for gaming. That's how much I like them.

I actually like the fake leather earpads more, I find them more comfortable and better sealing/isolating. Every part is user replaceable, and both pairs have multiple cables that I've made for them. They sounds great for Techno as the bass isn't over emphasized and the kickdrum doesn't come thru muddy.

KLH & monomer thank you very much!!!

I've decided to buy HD-25!
    One more question here:
    • Should I connect HD-25 directly to my laptop?
    • Or Would it be much better if i connect HD-25 to my laptop through an additional sound card to reach the best performance these headphones are affordable?

Thanks!

The best DJ headphones for production are the ATH M50... It's undisputed!

Non DJ headphones for production
    AKG 702
    Beyer DT 880
    Sennheiser 650

I recently went to guitar center for a headphones listening comparison. I was buying for production and listening, not DJing. I tested:
    Sony MDR-7506
    Sennheiser HD-280
    Audiotechnica ATH-m50
    Beyerdynamics DT 770

For what I wanted, the Beyers were the winner, no contest. I got them for $200 even. All of them were nice cans, but the other three boosted the highs too much. Exciting to listen to, but I needed the boring ones that helped me hear the dry sound.
    My production tips thread. On my production philosophy, techniques, and concepts
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...roduction-Tips

I just sold my Sennheiser HD-25-ii and bought a pair of Beyerdynamics DT 880 Premium Chrome Edition for $175 on eBay. It has the flattest response between the 770 & 990. Supposedly, Semi-Open is better in mixing vs Closed (the 770s)

If you're not using them for DJing, you should forget about buying DJ headphones. They might say DJ headphones and that would be ok, but you want production monitor headphones which are flat response. Sometimes these are referred to as reference headphones, but the term is over used. I won't pretend I have a good recommendation. One caveat is this, if you're producing in a somewhat noisy environment, then the isolation factor in DJ headphones might be a good feature, but hopefully, you aren't producing in a noisy environment. That would suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.

Grado SR125e (open back headphones) $150
    http://www.needledoctor.com/Grado-SR...ct-Of-The-Year
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.