Thread: Gemini EX-26 master cue mod

Gemini EX-26 master cue mod

Hi, is there any possibility to make this mod in this mixer, or the one and only method to do this is to buy RCA's to Jack adapter?

Last edited by EndeBeats; 01-27-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Definitely possible. You'll need to install a 4PDT switch somewhere on the case (that front plate looks pretty crowded, so you may need to put the switch on the back.)

Once you've found a location for the switch, you need to tap into a buffered output signal. The service manual for that mixer is available online; based on the schematic contained therein, I'd say that the best place to get the signal is from R138 (the end connected to pin 1 of IC11) for the left channel, and R135 (the end connected to pin 7 of IC11) for the right channel. Next you'll need to get some connectors that mate with X10 and X14 (Digi-Key is your best bet.) Pins 1 & 3 are the left inputs and pins 2 & 4 are the right inputs. You'll have to use a multimeter to figure out which pair is channel 1 and which is channel 2 if you want to use the channel selection fader as a balance control when you're monitoring the master output (I can't tell which is which from a quick look at the schematic, you may be able to puzzle it out if you spend more time on it.) The last step is to wire the old inputs to the headphone amp section (from X14) to one side of the 4PDT switch, your master leads to the other side (pay attention to which lugs you attach to if you want the pan control feature), and then wire the center row of lugs to the connector that goes into X10.

Here's a link to a thread where I did the same thing to a Vestax PMC-05ProII.
    Last edited by djpenguin; 02-10-2017 at 12:11 AM.
    Click here for mixes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Coat View Post
    I once DJ'd to a room of 500 Shoreditch hipsters using only my rigid cock and a empty jar of Marmite

Get a/b switch and take the master from the headphone out of your stereo.