Thread: What are the "spaces or dividers" on control vinyl used for?

What are the "spaces or dividers" on control vinyl used for?

Brand new..... (please be patient with me)

So I am looking at pictures of control vinyl and I notice spaces that look like they separate time code.
    Is that a correct assumption and if so how are those spaces or divisions on the control vinyl utilized?
    Can you assign different tracks to those sections?

On the serato control vinyl, the spaces are visual time markers. I use the black side, and every space is a minute.

So looking at the wavform of an 8 minute track with the first break on the 2 minute mark, I can drop the needle on what looks like the third track to jump straight to that.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

You can also set Serato to use the different sections to jump to cue points. If you have that option enabled then when you drop the needle in the second section the song will jump to the second cue point.
    My mission is to boldly go where no DJ has gone before

I've never used that function before, interesting. But i hardly use cue points
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Awesome replies, thank you both. I really cant wait to get my system!

I think I might upgrade to a DVS setup slowly. I've been thinking I want a higher end controller, I love my wav files, but I do miss vinyl. Thanks for asking this question and for the replies. I've always wondered how control vinyl works. Anyway, it was very informative and probably going to push me over the edge lol.