Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DJ Desk in the making....

Thanks JustCallMeDom, but I am not handy at all!! All i did was get the measurements. I went to home depot and had them cut it. I had the contractors cut the top. I started to sand and put joint compound on it to smooth it out. The inserts are too tight and the table top is snug as well. Going to sand inserts and top for a better fit, but have to shave a bit more off.

Last edited by VJ LouNYC; 01-19-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Hang on VJ Lou,

If I'm not mistaken, the top cut out piece is supposed to fit right inside, yes? And you need to sand it down a bit to get it to fit?
    Personally I think it looks really good sitting as it is - gives the table a bit more depth (for lack of a better term).
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Hey Mark, yes i am going for a flush look. The top is too small to fit on top. Just needs to be sanded in certain corners. I'm still looking for the right hinge to to install on the inside.

Instead of spring loaded hinges, would you consider using regular hinges and a pneumatic strut? The strut would hold the top up while making any adjustments to your cables etc. if need be.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Quote Originally Posted by VJ LouNYC View Post
    I looked up Evirotex lite. Looks like a great product. How do you think it will look on a painted surface? Most of the time it is being used on a natural wood surface.

Thanks for the info!!
    this is my plywood bar top painted red and then using the Envirotex...it's smooth like glass!

2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | 3 x Technics DLZ 1200 | Pioneer DDJ-SX2 | Pioneer DJM-600 | Serato Scratch Live 3 |

Looks great Cyberphox. Is the finish thick? Is there a way to apply it thin?

Wow. Yes, I think I'll be looking for Envirotex when (if) I plan to do this. I think it looks real sharp! If I do, I'll be using the the same desk design as VJ LouNYC, and Envirotex on the top as cyberphox did. Very cool.
    -Dom

I started to prime the desk. Will sand it once more afterwards. I've also decided what i am doing with desk as far as colors and decor.

I haven't done much in a few days but slowly getting stuff in that i will be using for the desk.

Fine Paint of Europe is cabinet grade paint that has the best finish. Kind of expensive but it's supposed to be the best. Will used for table top and back of table:

Hinges for flush look and easy lifting:

Barnwood for sides and front of desk:

Also purchased casters for mobility.