Thread: DJ Mixer/ deck won't register with any device

DJ Mixer/ deck won't register with any device

Hi all - new to the forum and a big hello from me

I am very new to this scene, recently getting into it because I just LOVE music so why not be more productive with it?

Anyway - my issue is I have recently bought a Reloop Beatpad deck. Very pleased upon receiving it - very well made and jut looks great. However for the life of me I cannot get it to work with any devices. I have tried with my MacBook pro, a Windows laptop and my iPad. I have tried a different cable from the deck to the laptop but in the USB or MIDI devices there is nothing.

A factor that may influence this is that the unit is powered by a 12v power supply - which I did not receive with my deck. I used another 12V supply that I had around and it seems to power up just fine however just no connection to any of the devices.

Really hope you experts can help me out because I really wanna try my new gear!

Thanks.
    Last edited by Wobbler; 01-12-2017 at 11:12 AM.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-DC-Adapte...-/351502502886

Might be best to go OEM if you can on this one. Maybe send an email to Reloop's customer service, you never know! If you bought it new, they should just send you one. Hell, if you shmooze them enough they may just send you one for free or shipping costs!

I have experienced what you are speaking of with other devices, and while it may look like it is supplying power to the device, it could be under or oversupplying voltage, which probably isn't good for the internals if done too often. Leave it unplugged until you have a proper adapter

Good luck!

OK thanks for the advice - hopefully getting a correct power supply will solve the issue. Hopefully I will not have trouble getting one...

* Saw you link but I am in the UK unfortunately

I have managed to get a power lead - as you said it has resolved the issue! Up and running

Nice! Well done and happy mixing!