Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about Korg Kaoss DJ controller

Quote Originally Posted by Giliador View Post
    I'm using gaming pc with several Hard drives and SSD. I do 3D graphic design on it, should be able to run both, I can always have audacity on faster SSD and serato on HDD or I think it's possible to to use two pc's.
    Should be fine on you gaming pc then, and yeah set Audacity to record to the SSD. If it's glitching and Serato isn't happy for any reason, use your 2nd pc/laptop for recording on audacity.

You need two of these phono splitters to give you two audio outputs from the Korg

And one of these phono to 3.5mm jack to go into the line in on the pc audio card from the splitters, make sure you use the line in and not the mic in though.

* Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

You need to have a stereo LINE input on whatever computer you are using to record with Audacity. Many desktops and pretty much all laptops have only a MIC input, which will give crap results for recording from your controller. If you lack a LINE input, you have two options:

1) get an external (USB) sound interface that has a line input (75-150 bucks for a good one, 30 bucks for a cheap but good enough one, <10 bucks for a Chinese EBay deal that'll probably work decently too).

2) Upgrade the limited edition (LE) Serato DJ that came with your controller to the regular paid version.. then you can record whatever you mix right in Serato without a separate audio connection, sound interface, or audacity.

There are 6 sockets on my motherboard and I think the blue one is stereo LINE input, Serato will not record Kaoss FX

Sounds about right, i think the mic is usually pink and i didn't think the koass would record throught serato. The DJ upgrade is still worth it in my opinion but that because i was used to DJ, got intro with an SB2 and was missing so many features I just bought the upgrade straight away, fortunately in the boxing day sale at 50% off
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Upgrade Serato to the full version. Its the best way to record honestly; let the software handle it.