Thread: Remix...VS...Edit...???

Remix...VS...Edit...???

Whats the difference between a 'remix' and a 'edit'....?

Seems like these 2 terms are used interchangeably with a lot of overlap and no clear distinction or line drawn as to what is a remix and what is a edit.

'Musically'...I can't tell the difference between a remix and a edit. Only that its purpose and intent is to be produced to be different from the original.
    Last edited by DjBetta; 01-10-2017 at 02:50 PM.
    "May the beats be with you" ~ ChewBacca ~

An Edit is chopping up the original track to your needs or maybe extending the intro out outro.

A Remix is completely remaking the track using some or all of the elements of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    An Edit is chopping up the original track to your needs or maybe extending the intro out outro.

A Remix is completely remaking the track using some or all of the elements of the original.
    This man nailed it on the head. A "flip" is also more or less an edit. Basically synonymous.
    https://soundcloud.com/zsquared-doe/my-name-is-zsquared-official-edm-mix

Unless we're talking about today's hip-hop where Remix just means more verses from other rappers over the same beat.
    My mission is to boldly go where no DJ has gone before

This is an accurate definition, but I have seen the two terms used incorrectly before, but not often. I understand your confusion, O.P.
    -Dom