Thread: Party reviews???

Party reviews???

I find it kinda unusual that there are no thread at all for party reviews... Is there a reason.... I don't get it???
    Guy Deshaies
    www.soundcloud.com/mononcletiguy
    «Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.»

You usually see a few threads posted during WMC and Ultra (Miami). That's about it really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    You usually see a few threads posted during WMC and Ultra (Miami). That's about it really.
    I remember back in the old days... In Toronto there was a forum called «Tribe.ca» and we would have an instant feel of our parties as everyone would participate... of course this was before the Facebook era... Regardless some of us have good writing skills and enjoy sharing their appreciation of the parties....

Oh well...
    Guy Deshaies
    «Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.»

I just don't go out enough anymore, but I would be interested to read reviews on here of a night and a DJ's performance, especially if it's a big name.

Is there any big nights or events coming up that you're going to?
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Quote Originally Posted by andymunro View Post
    Is there any big nights or events coming up that you're going to?
    At the moment in Montreal I have a full access and VIP pass for Sapporo Igloofest in Montreal. It's a massive 4 weekends (jan 12 to feb 4th) outdoor winter festival hosted in the old port. The line ups are incredible. As a matter of fact tonight I am seeing CHRIS LIEBING. Last night was JOSH WINK B2B STEVE BUG... amongs many other talented artists.

The concept is pretty cool, aside from the two gigantics stages for the artists with unbelievable screens for visuals there is also amusement, VIP lounges, bars, bound fire area, games and so on...

The vibe at this event is quite particular as the age ranges anywhere between 18 to 65 yo... no kidding ;-)

Also every year they have a DJ contest called «Igloobeat» where DJ's can submit their one hour set. If they win they get to play an opening set for a big name DJ.

Guy Deshaies

That's well good! You should defo do a review or two, and maybe others will follow suit. The only clubbing night I have coming up is on 4th Feb. It's really important to me because it's the birthday gig of a local legend DJ who officially retired last year but has (fortunately for me) be pulled back in!
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Party as in clubs/club events, festivals, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Baller95 View Post
    Party as in clubs/club events, festivals, etc?
    Yes indeed... Baller95 you are from Toronto you must be familiar with Tribe.ca? I just look up for it and it still exist... Imagine when I was livin' in toronto ('94 to 2002) the best party reviews you could find were from Tribe.ca

Some of the people participating had pretty good writting skills...
    Last edited by DjGuyDeshaies; 01-23-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    Guy Deshaies