Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about doing Livestreams on YouTube

What do you think about doing Livestreams on YouTube

We are doing a weekly live session and started to stream it on youtube, next we will try Facebook and see the response there. What do you guys think or maybe you can share some inights of your experience.

I think it's hard to get people to watch the stream considering the fact that the technology is available to pretty much everyone which leads to an oversaturated market (ie. there are more chefs in the kitchen than the are customers..)

Also consider Twitch.tv, which is I think is more streamer friendly than Youtube (I could be wrong).

Idea here, do you think it will ever be like nightclubs will login to live stream and not have a DJ on staff?
    (You know as I am typing this I am wondering if this is already happening and I don't know it!)

I saw articles a long while ago about the nightclub streaming thing, I'm too tired and lazy to search it now, but they'd have one DJ playing in a couple of different clubs via streams and big screens.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/05/mixifys-new-software-can-put-a-dj-in-two-clubs-at-once/
    this is what i read, i think because it was posted on here by someone when it was published.
    Last edited by andymunro; 03-09-2017 at 03:29 PM.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

StreamingDJ.com has been up for a while though I think thats more for private parties, not clubs. Never checked it out or looked into it but I remember reading about it a few years ago. Guess there is a market for it since the site is still up.

Live video sucks...there is a lot of things to see, people don't like. Edit your video afterwards...stuff it with nice things people do like.

Actually the livestream is (at this moment) without video anyway. And you are right the response on youtube is not to big to be honest. We trying now facebook and see how its working over there.

thx @andymunro i wil look into that and thx to @Rek_Aviles maybe this is a new opportunity.

Nice idea, but You should have a lot of fans on Your account. Playing when nobody's interesting on it is preety insane But if You find listeners - it's a great promotion idea !

Best regards,

Tomek

Quote Originally Posted by DJTonyT View Post
    Idea here, do you think it will ever be like nightclubs will login to live stream and not have a DJ on staff?
    (You know as I am typing this I am wondering if this is already happening and I don't know it!)
    Yes indeed it is now slowly happening... in a near future DJs will be spinning from their studios broadcasting live to a venue... Definately places that I won't hang out, that's for sure...
    Guy Deshaies
    www.soundcloud.com/mononcletiguy
    «Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.»