Thread: What's your favourite kind of night?

What's your favourite kind of night?

Whatsup!

I’m organising an event and it got me thinking..... I've never really seen a club night where the theme is different countries and places....

So your usual headline DJ, then one room South American/Latin, another room French Disco, another US Hip Hop etc etc etc? Food, drinks, decor also themed.

Do you think this would stand out and be something people would go to or would you pass?

Thanks in advance... In the words of DJ Khaled:

YOU A GENIUS! I APPRECIATE YOU!

I don't think the food would be necessary unless you are going more family friendly daytime event. For clubs, themed cocktails (with corresponding good-deal prices) would be fine, and easy to do.

You could offer a discounted ticket for those in costume for X countries

I think it would be an interesting way to split up genres and cultures, while allowing people to experience it all under one roof. This is assuming you have at least a 3 room venue you are considering doing this in? Sounds expensive! Then again, if the club owners are down for it and you can generate the interest and traffic, go for it.

Hi Weston, thanks for getting back!

Those are all great ideas. The food is just an extra draw/feature/possible freebie to entice people in (free burrito or XYZ food from 9-10pm, get people in early).

There could be potential in getting a couple of local restaurants to sponsor the event in return for the privelege of setting up a food stand in an outside area, though I agree it's not crucial!

Yep, venue will be key

Do you promote events yourself?

N

That isn't my main gig, but a necessary task of the modern DJ hahah.

I think that is a pretty diverse set of genres to have in a club that would attract a wide range of party people.
    https://soundcloud.com/zsquared-doe/my-name-is-zsquared-official-edm-mix

Breaks Nights are %100 my favourite. Always a good time.

Separate rooms for Latin and hip-hop might be kind of cool. I'm constantly juggling between the two and sometimes it's not pretty.

The other stuff... nah, but just me here in the US and not the UK. It's a whole different scene over there from what I've been told.