Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive Decision To Make Regarding CDJ'S

Massive Decision To Make Regarding CDJ'S

Hi guys

First time poster, long time watcher. i have a big decision to make! First off all ill explain. I don't gig anymore so now is only a hobby, use to do residences all over the place. Ive come to a bit of a crossroads. I have both Serato and Traktor, 2 technics and 2 Cdj 900s. Now its took me bloody ages but i have transferred all my media from CDS to Mac and hard drives so no longer need CDS. the question is do i sell my CDJ's for 800-900 pounds ($1200) or hang on to them just in case the shift changes again and they will become the norm? In question to backups i have 2 other turntables too so even if the technics break i have a back up. i just feel like they are sat in there boxes, unused, early new and someone could make use of them. i don't need the money, but don't want to hold on to them until they are worth nothing.What should i do? Any help and opinions appreciated

thanks in advance

Danny

CD's will never become the norm again. More and more artists are releasing digital only. If you don;t use them sell the CDJ's.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

I did think this, the biggest selling albums nowadays are digital only, drake, beyonce, etc. didn't want to part with them but just seems daft keeping them sat in a box!

sell them things
    This signature has been censored. - PCWO

Yeah CDs are going like tapes. Look at the pioneer media players, can remember the name of them. CDJs with out the CD players.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

If sound quality is a factor then you could buy a decent DAC and map it to your DVS and it will sounds miles better then the CDJs.
    You have turntables, which are the best medium for controlling music and mixing, if you add a cheap midi controller.
    So the CDJs...better to sell them.
    Its not like vinyl...I can't see people in the future saying the data from a CDJ sounds warmer than the data from a harddrive.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Thanks for the input guys, with digital and timecodes now, i can't ever see them making a comeback either! Still could be worse, could still have a minidisc player

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    If sound quality is a factor then you could buy a decent DAC and map it to your DVS and it will sounds miles better then the CDJs.
    You have turntables, which are the best medium for controlling music and mixing, if you add a cheap midi controller.
    So the CDJs...better to sell them.
    Its not like vinyl...I can't see people in the future saying the data from a CDJ sounds warmer than the data from a harddrive.
    true that, cheers for the info on the DAC will have a gander now

CD will never come back for DJing but I have 900's and I haven't burned a CD in years.. I use USB. I still occasionally rent my system out for events where CD is needed else I would consider switching to XDJ's. I don't enjoy dealing with a laptop when I am playing but if I did.. I do have Traktor with a Z1 controller and if.I.wanted to, I could hook the CDJs to the laptop and use them as.a traktor controller.. so you could do that....

But yea if you prefer using the turntables with traktor scratch then absolutely the cdjs are worthless to you and you should sell them before they lose much more value.

If it was me I wouldn't sell them if I didn't need to (cash or space requirements).

Personally I love having my 1210's my CDJ's and my controller all set up even though 99% of the time I only use my controller
    B.S.E
    Vinyl Zoo - Zoology - Alumni - BTU
    R3volutionRadio.net