This is what I've been working on over the last few months, pretty happy with the outcome!

This vid is to show it actually works you can get DIY kits to do this mod in your own mixer at the below links.

There was no room for a LCD so I went with the software approach (the inside electronics send signals over USB to our MNF Control Panel software which takes care of the MIDI stuff, scales, and other controls like e.g. transpose). I added a USB out for that, placed the MNF pcb inside, added the rails, scale and reverse button.

The hard part was making space for all that and displacing the upfaders and lowering the LED indicators. With a custom built there is always tons of stuff that you run into along the way, and this was no different.

I wanted it to look the part so I also designed a new faceplate to fit it. First made it from wood, and finally lasercut it into the final design with engraving. The good thing is that the faceplate can now serve as a template for the next mod, who wants one?

More info about MIDI Note Fader and about our products can be found here:

http://shop.skratchamental.com