Thread: Explicit and Clean as a ID3 tag....???

Explicit and Clean as a ID3 tag....???

Is it easier to put an 'explicit/clean' tag in the song's title....(like it always has been done)...so you can tell between the clean and explicit...

Or...Would you guys think it would be easier to actually designate a 'separate' ID3 tag column just for explicit or clean designations...???
    "May the beats be with you" ~ ChewBacca ~

I would just put an X at the beginning or end of the track title, much simpler.

I note it at the end of the song title.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

same here, i just add it to the title (DJ Khaled ft Drake - For Free (CLEAN)

To make the process much simpler and efficient...

I am pretty sure that most DJ's don't need to designate 'BOTH' a clean and a explicit designation...right...? I mean...if you designate/label one as explicit...than it would be pretty obvious that the other copy/version...would be the clean version, therefore you wouldn't have to actually label it as such...correct...?

I am also under the impression...

1. If your mostly a mobile DJ and do a lot of weddings, birthdays, house parties and corporate events.....Than its pretty safe to say that 'CLEAN' versions is what you should play (i.e. More formal events that have kids, teens, children, old grandmas/grandpas present). Therefore...it would be easier to just label the explicit versions only...That way you can filter them out more efficiently when the time comes...correct...?

2. If your mostly a Club/Bar type DJ...Than its pretty safe to say that BOTH clean and explicit is 'ok'. Therefore...you wouldn't need to do any kind of labeling/designation at all...correct...?

On a side note...

1. What constitutes as being 'explicit'...?

I am under the impression that most of the time it mostly refers to the actual 'words/lyrics' themselves that are contained inside the songs.

But...I also know that many songs can have a 'sexual' / 'dirty' / 'devious' undertone/theme/context to them....And yet, have no 'bad/explicit' words in the lyrics at all...? Would most people/DJ's still classify these types of songs as explicit, even though they have 'no' bad/dirty words at all...?
    Last edited by DjBetta; 01-06-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Only those with cursing, bad, filthy language etc are labeled as explicit.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Add it in a comment tag if ya have it free.
    Otherwise put (explicit) at end of title, and tag it appropriately in the title section (after title)
    If it's a big deal, remove the explicit one from collection, replace with clean. Everyone wins.