Thread: Rigging Question??

Talking Rigging Question??

Hello. I'm new this site and i'm searching for assistance with my setup rigging. I currently run 2 passive tops, 2 passive subs, and 2 amplifiers. I'm running them with a Pioneer DDJ-RX controller. i also use a super pro cx 3400 crossover. i want to include and additional sub. A CVA 121 (powered 21 inch cerwin vega). I'm searching for the best way to add this powered sub. Thanks for any help in advance.

Well I don't think you want to run an amplified signal to the input of your powered sub.. Maybe use the left or right XLR master output on the DDJ RX with a Y-split XLR cable, so that one is going to your amp as normal, and the other can be used for a mono input on the powered sub?

Since that controller has 3 outputs (2 Masters & 1 Booth), you should be able to run the powered sub through the booth output and run the amps/crossovers through the 2 masters if you have the proper cables/connections.

i'm gonna give those options a look tomorrow night here at home. i'll post back with results.....thanks! i didn't have any ideas what to do.