Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Technic 1210 MK2 - keep or sell?

Technic 1210 MK2 - keep or sell?

I still own my very first pair of Technics 12's that I bought back in the 90s. Haven't touched them in years but I can't bring myself to sell them. Mostly for sentimental reasons but still. I even marked the first one I purchased yrs ago and told myself to setup a Will saying that I wanted to be buried with it. TBH I'm still considering that.

They're in pretty good condition, just the pitch fader needs replacing which isn't to difficult a job to swap out. I think the tone arm on one is slightly bent from storage but cant say for sure. Everything else works fine.

Anyone else attached to their gear? Should I clean them up and try to sell for a profit or hold on to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    Should I clean them up and try to sell for a profit or hold on to them?
    You're already kind of attached to them. When you're over sixty you'll regret having got rid of them. If you have room for them in a closet or something, keep them.

I wouldn't keep them in a garage though. Too hot & cold & humid to store electronics long term.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    You're already kind of attached to them. When you're over sixty you'll regret having got rid of them. If you have room for them in a closet or something, keep them.
    Exactly what stops me from selling them. Once in a while I think it's time to get rid but I feel i'll regret it later. I don't use them now but I still check on them and dust'em off.

They've been in a small storage room I have so both are on a shelf away elements.

Keep!

Yeah, I tend towards hoarding when it comes to DJ stuff.

I hardly use it for the last 8 years or so...family life etc.
    But it is still there and occasionally I fire it up.
    In fact this Xmas the missus is getting me a crossfader for my present. I don't know if it will get much use!
    It takes up a load of space...4 decks...over 8 metres of records...multiple amps, speakers and even dead mixers...
    But there seems little point in throwing it all away; it meant so much to me in the past.
    There's still a chance my daughter will get into it when she's a teenager.
    I still hold dreams of putting together the ultimate setup. But now I have the money to get anything I want, I'm feeling further away from wanting to use the cash on it. Whereas in the past, I was spending the last penny down the record shop or on equipment.

I can just imagine on one of those antiques TV programs 200 years from now, a load of DJF handmedowns getting the once over.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Keep 'em and do them up a bit, maybe use Nicadraus' thread for inspiration etc.

Pitch faders are cheap.

Keep or live with regret for the rest of your life
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Keep them for sure.... or sell them to me at a discounted rate.

Thanks guys!

Not sure if I expected anything different asking a bunch of DJs but you guys either relate to what i'm going through or already regret doing something similar.

I'll try to find a spot to set them up rather than keep them in a closet.

if you ever sell them I'll buy them for safekeeping and happily sell them back to you anytime.