Thread: Denon DJ SC5000 Prime

Denon DJ SC5000 Prime

Discuss. New Denon DJ SC5000 Prime. Soon to be paired with X1800 Prime mixer.
    Joe A Delfin (JamminDownJD)
    Entertainment Director, Ultra Events Production Group and ChicagoPremiereDJs
    Vice President, Chicagoland Chapter of the American Disc Jockey Association

Dual soundcards.
    SD and USB slots.
    Full color touchscreen.
    Auto loop edit buttons.
    8 cue pads, built in slicer.
    Artwork in center of jogwheel.
    No CD slot.

What? No one has an opinion? Not even the Pioneer fanboys?!!
    This player is amazing!
    https://youtu.be/C8seZvHyjog
    Last edited by JamminDownJD; 01-11-2017 at 01:35 AM.

Looking very impressive in this vid
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Sorry to piss on the parade but:

- no external keyboard option from HS5500 despite it having 3 usb ports
    - no option for using Engine on iPad for browsing from SC2900/3900
    - encoders all have a little "wiggle" bacause of the type used (same as on other Denon units), it's even visible in the videos
    - there are currently THREE different Engine version, each not supporting different hardware

But everything else is....oh so good.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Sorry to piss on the parade but:

- no external keyboard option from HS5500 despite it having 3 usb ports
    - no option for using Engine on iPad for browsing from SC2900/3900
    - encoders all have a little "wiggle" bacause of the type used (same as on other Denon units), it's even visible in the videos
    - there are currently THREE different Engine version, each not supporting different hardware

But everything else is....oh so good.
    "no external keyboard option from HS5500 despite it having 3 usb ports" - Who cares? It's got an onscreen qwerty keyboard.

"no option for using Engine on iPad for browsing from SC2900/3900" - It has a capacitive touch screen just like an ipad, so I don't see this as a limitation.

As for your other two points......spot on! The wiggling encoder is troubling for sure!! Also, they're going to have to make "Engine" one solid program if they
    think they are going to compete w' Rekordbox.

However, I'm rather excited about this kit. We'll have to wait for the full reviews, but I think it shows GREAT promise.
    http://soundcloud.com/risquedj
    "ALLFORMs of music move me"

This is definitely intriguing to me...
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Does anyone know if the on-screen QWERTY keyboard can be used to search for tracks in a collection that hasn't been analyzed by the Engine Prime software?

Hi Guys,

New member here. So I recently set up the SC5000 and X1800 mixer together. I have only the 1 Denon SC5000. Im used to beat matching and mixing on turntables, i've tried pioneer cdjs before and also recently used Traktor. I've been trying to mix 2 tracks on 1 SC5000. In doing so, i've never really came across any device that makes it so difficult to beat match on. when i try to mix on the SC5000 it goes off beat when it's synced and even when its done manually. I was expecting the sync button on the sc5000 to work the same way as on traktor. If not, then doing it manually is fine, but it still continuously goes out of time. Im finding it strange that 2 songs of the same genre, same bpm and correct beat grid allows for this issue to keep occuring. I keep wondering if there is a technical fault with my SC5000. I've read the manual, watched tutorials, but can't seem to get this right.

I've made a 1 minute video, showing the problem im experiencing. It's possible to keep it in time, by constantly adjusting the pitch and jog wheel, but then you can't use the mixer as much. can anyone help with this issue? Thank you in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxfW...utu.be

Hello Beezy,

First I would like to ask if you have updated you SC5000 to the latest firmware 1.03? Secondly, check your analization settings in Engine Prime software. There’s an option to double time or half time songs that fall outside of your selected BPM analization setting. Example if you selected within your Engine Prime software to analyze songs within the bpm range of 65-150 BPM....any song below 65 will be double-timed and any song above 150 will be half-timed. This process doesn’t behave as it should because I have challenges beatmatching with songs that were doubled or halved by Engine Prime...worth a look.

Thirdly, when using sync on the SC5000 make sure that your primary song(Layer A or the song that’s already playing and that you will be beatmatching to has the Master button (white) and the Sync button (green) selected and lit up before cueing in your incoming track. Once both lights have been selected indicated by both lights being lit, when you select your second song on the second layer press the Sync button (green) only and it will now sync to the master deck. As you switch back and forth your master will switch to your new track after you have paused the outgoing track. Keep in mind that you will need to press Shift and your Keylock button to bring your new track back to its original bpm. Rinse, wash and repeat!