Thread: Mixer to recommend for beginner DJ using DJ using DJ IOS Apps (IPHONE/IPAD)

Question Mixer to recommend for beginner DJ using DJ using DJ IOS Apps (IPHONE/IPAD)

Hi to all,

I just recently started trying my hands on bedroom Djing. I chosen to learn the basics first and applying the concepts via Apple Dj apps like DJAY 2 and Pro, Cross Dj and DJ Player Pro as I can practice and relook anytime anywhere.
    So far everything is via the touching the screens to control with the aid of DJ splitter , speakers and headphone.
    Now I like to move on adding a 2 channel mixer to apply physical concept of usiNG EQ , CF but looking thru the many avails ( mm2, rmx22 , DJM 250, xone , irig mix ?)be digital, analogue etc .. i at still lost.. i do not know if the mixer can support my preferred setting.
    My main factor will be the Ability to use together with the splitter to input both Mono channels from my single iPhone and using EQ and CF , basic filtering toward the app on the iPhone. As much as possible , I like to mix within 1 device and Portability slightly matters too .

I am looking for entry level to mid range mixers ..future proofing Is not an factor as my aim is to learn the basics , understand it before moving to the next level of an controller /setup etc

I hope the kind sirs will guide me along in this.

Any mixer can work with the splitter cable.

For the money you'd spend on a mixer like the DJM-250 you mentioned, you'd be best off buying a budget controller for your ipad.

Have a look at the Numark iDJ 2

Or you could look at the Pioneer Wego4
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads