Thread: Shure Wireless Microphone issue, (only used a few times in 4 years!!!

Shure Wireless Microphone issue, (only used a few times in 4 years!!!

Gee wiz my Shure PGXD2-X8 wireless microphone button for my wireless set up will not turn on. I purchased this thing about 4 years ago BRAND NEW and have maybe used it a handful of times. It hasn't been dropped, I keep it in a case, and I'm the only one that has ever handled it. The entire wireless system cost me about $500 bucks. I took it out to used for the first time in about 6 months and now the light on the mic will not light up therefore It will not transmit a signal to the transmitter, so the unit is useless! Luckily I have a standard Shure Mic with Cord or I would have been out of luck at my New Years Day GIG! You would think for $300 dollar microphone would be a bit more durable. Is this a regular issue with Cordless mics, and is this going to be an expensive repair?

Just venting, but I am bummed out!
    Last edited by den1213; 01-14-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Shure makes good stuff but I personally cant stand the PGX seried, that rubber button is so crappy. I would contact Shure with your issue and they may hopefully be able to resolve it, i think the warranty is like 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by JackStalk View Post
    Shure makes good stuff but I personally cant stand the PGX seried, that rubber button is so crappy. I would contact Shure with your issue and they may hopefully be able to resolve it, i think the warranty is like 4 years
    Yeah it sucks. Without any warning it went out! I just happen to be testing it out the morning of the gig, and found out it was not functioning! This thing is still brand new, as I stated I've used it maybe 5 times max. Looking on youtube, now I see this is a common issue. It looks really difficult to replace the button. I'm not good with DIY projects. Thanx for ear, I will be calling Shure tomorrow morning!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by den1213 View Post
    Yeah it sucks. Without any warning it went out! I just happen to be testing it out the morning of the gig, and found out it was not functioning! This thing is still brand new, as I stated I've used it maybe 5 times max. Looking on youtube, now I see this is a common issue. It looks really difficult to replace the button. I'm not good with DIY projects. Thanx for ear, I will be calling Shure tomorrow morning!!!!
    If you can't get Shure to work with you, I can replace the button for a small fee.

It looks like disassembly, two solder joints and reassembly. Pretty easy (for me atleast)

I'm Local. No shipping involved.

Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post
    If you can't get Shure to work with you, I can replace the button for a small fee.

It looks like disassembly, two solder joints and reassembly. Pretty easy (for me atleast)

I'm Local. No shipping involved.
    Do you have a local place of business? If so, how can I contact you?

Quote Originally Posted by den1213 View Post
    Do you have a local place of business? If so, how can I contact you?
    No, I wire studios and fix electronics (and cars, and machines....) on the side. (Machinist by trade)

My email is my username @gmail.com (it's linked to my phone)

I'm 20 min. north of Detroit, in the Burbs. I you want it done, you should source the switch (or I can) from ebay or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post
    No, I wire studios and fix electronics (and cars, and machines....) on the side. (Machinist by trade)

My email is my username @gmail.com (it's linked to my phone)

I'm 20 min. north of Detroit, in the Burbs. I you want it done, you should source the switch (or I can) from ebay or the like.
    Ok, I'll will contact you soon. THANX!
    Last edited by den1213; 01-14-2017 at 05:42 PM.