Thread: Another uplight thread

Another uplight thread

Hey guys,

I haven't bought new lights for at least 5 years. Since I have a physical disability, things that make setup easier are of high value to me. Now that Battery powered + wireless exist, I'm looking to delve into uplighting to add ambiance to various different events from mobile social dances to yoga events.

I generally have mostly Chauvet lighting all currently using Showxpress control with a "made in china" wireless system that has worked flawlessly since I bought it (this was before Chauvet even had wireless options).

I'm now looking at battery powered hex uplighting but am finding very little information on the freedom strip hex. Since I've been out of lighting for the last 5 years, I thought I best ask here before I drop a couple of thousand dollars on a system.

Along with Flarecon linked into Showxpress:

a) 4 freedom strip hexes
    b) 4 freedom par hexes
    c) adding ezpar t6 usb down the road

Questions:
    1) Can Flarecon run both DMX from Showxpress and phone? (ie: the showxpress mobile app using flarecon's wifi as a router) or does it only allow one at a time (some videos suggest it has this limit)
    2) Are there any considerations that come to mind why I should pick the par hex over the strip hex?
    3) Anyone have thoughts or experience on the ezpar t6s?
    4) Are there any other companies fixture I should look at like ADJ Wifly? or is my intuition to stick with Chauvet since my whole system is that a good principle?

Thanks for any input you guys have!
    Last edited by fullspectrum; 12-22-2016 at 01:55 AM.
    Yorkville P10Ps, EV zxa1 subs, wireless dmx lighting system: Chauvet colorstrips, colorstrip minis, ADJ Revo 3, Chauvet Kinta, Chauvet Stagewash, ADJ gobosplash, Chauvet Intimidators 1.2

Are you stuck on Chauvet?

Compare Chauvet's Freedom Par Hex to Eternal's CubeEcho.

4 x 10w diodes vs. 4 x 18w diodes

MAP - Both are $ 399

Street price about $ 339 vs. closer to $ 300
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

Quote Originally Posted by BillESC View Post
    Are you stuck on Chauvet?

Compare Chauvet's Freedom Par Hex to Eternal's CubeEcho.

4 x 10w diodes vs. 4 x 18w diodes

MAP - Both are $ 399

Street price about $ 339 vs. closer to $ 300
    The main thing is finding lights that are easily available in Canada. Eternal Lights seem not to be available in Canada at all. Do you know of any distributors in Canada?
    Yorkville P10Ps, EV zxa1 subs, wireless dmx lighting system: Chauvet colorstrips, colorstrip minis, ADJ Revo 3, Chauvet Kinta, Chauvet Stagewash, ADJ gobosplash, Chauvet Intimidators 1.2

I ship to Canada.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]