Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little help please

Unhappy A little help please

a while ago my car was broken into and they got everything... laptop and my backup hard drive... I lost all my music. does anyone know where I can find a place online to download a massive catalog of music... at least to give me a head start at trying to get it back... a couple of dis said they'd help me out but haven't found the time . so now I'm sitting here with a brand new laptop a new serato set up and my techs collecting dust...
    please anything helps let me know

I buy most of my stuff from iTunes, but if you need to build up a bunch of good tracks in a pinch then you cant beat those "best of" compilation cds which can be had for a dollar or two at a thrift store.

Sorry to hear about your gear getting stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by JackStalk View Post
    if you need to build up a bunch of good tracks in a pinch then you cant beat those "best of" compilation cds which can be had for a dollar or two at a thrift store.
    +1 on the compilation CD route. This is your cheapest/best option. You could also try to join a digital record pool, there are a few in the thread linked above.

Hopefully this doesn't happen to you again but make sure you have a 3rd backup that you leave at home at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    Hopefully this doesn't happen to you again but make sure you have a 3rd backup that you leave at home at all times.
    I dont know where you have gotten all your music from in the past but I use Promo Only (& Amazon) & all the music they send to me (I buy/pay for) & I download are on my laptop in a Promo Only (or Amazon) folder there. If that is on another source/laptopn/cloud), you can just reload those songs. I have never asked & never tried but since I bought the music, its possible that Promo Only (& Amazon) would let me re-download those songs I have paid for over the years?
    I'm just sayin', if you bought your music legally from a reputable source, they may allow you to download them again. Maybe, maybe not. It wouldn't hurt to ask.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Yeah, I think promo only gives you unlimited downloads, i can still access songs from like 2012. The tracks have digital watermarks so it wouldn't be a matter of piracy or filesharing between multiple people

A few months ago I was surprised that I could download tracks from a CD I'd bought from Amazon a few years ago
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

you do have to create backups of your hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by pmpnjuice View Post
    a while ago my car was broken into and they got everything... laptop and my backup hard drive... I lost all my music. does anyone know where I can find a place online to download a massive catalog of music... at least to give me a head start at trying to get it back... a couple of dis said they'd help me out but haven't found the time . so now I'm sitting here with a brand new laptop a new serato set up and my techs collecting dust...
    please anything helps let me know
    Saw a guy on Kijiji/Toronto selling a Terabyte of music with something like 108,000 songs for like $250. Don't know if its legal. But hey, it's worth a shot.

Its not legal unless its the original music purchased. If these are copies & he is keeping the originals (or copies of the originals) its piracy & illegal.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php