Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile Jocks: The Official "What Gig Do You Have This Weekend" Thread

I've got a wedding this weekend in an old 3 story building that was the office on the bottom floor, not sure about the 2nd floor, but a printing room was on the 3rd floor for the local daily newspaper back in the early 1900's. They have since moved to a newer, more modern building but this is an old brick outside & wood inside. We play many events each year in this old venue. Its nice, old & brides love it but its a PITA for vendors.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

I have a birthday party tomorrow. It was supposed to be an outdoor football viewing party but because of the weather it's turned into a regular indoor house party. The house is really nice and roomy and the best part is the client has requested that I bring my Turntables and incorporate some scratching into the set because her husband is a big fan of old school hip hop.
    My mission is to boldly go where no DJ has gone before

Last gig was early november, a wedding..been dead quiet since. Then this week get a call for a NYE party..30 guests..4 hours of DJ and photobooth...plus he's got a heated tent (20x30) and dance floor...
    Then 7pm friday night got a call to do a HS winter formal dance first week of january.

Plus signed up a wedding for september earlier in the day.

Friday was a very good day!

I have a 60th birthday party this weekend. Oldies for the birthday boy/couple & their friends & current pop/Hip Hop for the kids. The only thing I am not looking forward to about this event.... its going to midnight. I doubt it'll go quite that late but we'll see. I really hope not. Last time this happened, I turned into a pumpkin.

Here are a couple of pics of the surprise 60th birthday party I played this past weekend. Obviously, most of the people here were in their 50's & 60's, so there wasnt a lot of dancing. Everything, including the birthday boy was late, which caused the whole event to be about 45 minutes late getting started, then toasts & speeches went longer than expected cause so many people wanted to say something. By the time dinner, speeches etc was all over with, it was about 10 pm & some of the older people began to leave. Some just wanted to come for the formal stuff & go home. We did manage to salvage about an hour or so for some of the remaining guests before they started cleaning up & clearing out.

Most of these 50+ events are more about friends getting together & reminiscing after not seeing each other very often. Its more about friends & family... socializing rather than partying, so, I have come to expect this & not be so disappointed.
    Fortunately, we do get an older event occasionally that still come to party.

Any way.......

20170204_185405.jpg

20170204_214855.jpg
    Last edited by Rek_Aviles; 02-13-2017 at 09:13 AM. Reason: testing - removed "CONFIG from BBC IMG code

Got a wedding reception tonight at a local country club. 6:00 - 10:30
    She is a nurse & he is a Physicians Assistant in the ER of one of our 3 local hospitals.

I have to say, its one of those events that I am not looking forward to (client).

quiet weekend - did book a prom (for photobooth), wedding for april 2018 and next weekend have a fundraiser 'monte carlo night' - so mostly background music but maybe some dancing.

next gig is april 22, wedding.

I also do photography - the insane season begins april 22 also. A month of 20 hour long saturdays. Will make 1/4 of my annual income in 4-5 weeks.

This upcoming weekend 4/8, we have a gay wedding/reception at an old fancy hotel. They're pulling out all the stops, wanted a second sound system for the wedding, uplighting for the whole venue as well as our full lighting package. It's our first gay wedding so I'm excited but nervous! The one thing I'm not sure about is when they do the grand entrance, they haven't told me how they want to be announced yet. I don't know if there's a correct way to do it? Do I say "Mr and Mr" or just "The Joneses". Yeah not too sure about that but we'll get it figured out. The couple's super cool, open bar too, so no doubt there's going to be a lot of dancing. Should be super fun.

Been solid down here in OZ. Club gig tonight. Two weddings tomorrow, one for me and one for compadre. Wedding again on Sunday then day job during the week. Can't wait til winter for a break.
    Perth DJ Hire For Wedding and Events www.herodjs.com.au/

This weekend we have a wedding at our partner venue, and a karaoke rental for a Narcotics Anonymous party. We're giving the NA group a huge discount, but I'm charging them our full damage deposit... I trust them, I just don't know them very well... Hopefully they respect the equipment!