Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mobile Jocks: The Official "What Gig Do You Have This Weekend" Thread

Sweet 16! Should be a BLAST.

I have a wedding tonight. The groom is from Boston, Bride is from here. I've been dealing mostly with the grooms mother & we have had the discussions about the differences in lifestyles/weddings etc. I'm glad she understands that there are differences & she is asking questions. The northeastern family coming to the deep south for a wedding... I'm sure they'll go back to Boston happier people. Oh, the stories they'll be able to tell when they get back home.
    On the other hand, they could be a family of zombies on the flight back up... lol

I think they're serving Gumbo. Hopefully no one will tell them what all goes in there. But I guess that's not as bad as it could be for them. I went to a wedding about 3 years ago where they served chitterlings (chitlin's as we so southernly call them).

I was kinda hoping that KLH would be a friend of the family & come with'em.

The worst part of this is, I have been sick since last Saturday. I have missed all my Christmas family time for being home with this. I still ain't up to going but, its what I gotta do. My wife got up yesterday with a little case of it, but duty & responsibility calls. I wont let my client down. Fortunately, this is late afternoon to early evening.... 4:30 - 8:30 pm, so we'll get back home early.
    To add to it, I haven't had but about 6 hrs sleep (seriously) since Tuesday night because of steroid shots & steroids in the inhaler. So, I'm 3+ days on 6 hrs sleep.... when I've been able to dose off at all.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Quote Originally Posted by Dix View Post
    I was kinda hoping that KLH would be a friend of the family & come with'em.
    That would've been great!!! I hope you're feeling better.

I just completed an annual gig for a horse show community. I've done this show for them for the past few years and it's a great family event.

In the past I've done extended mixes and introduced other genres, and really dug deep to put on the best show ever. This year, I threw together some tracks that I thought they'd like and just took requests. I wound up doing requests the whole night and they loved it more than when I mixed!

Hey... as long as the crowd is entertained, right?
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...