Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: using pa speakers for car audio

Quote Originally Posted by truitt View Post
    it got windshield metered doing 151.2db at 42hz. so I don't know what you mean by im not doing 150db+.
    Like I said, google Cabin Gain (pressure vessel gain). Those numbers are phony. Nonetheless you're well on your way to hearing damage.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Dixieland DJ View Post
    In short, they make Concert speakers for a reason.... concerts. They are designed for that. Not cars.

They make car speakers for cars. They are designed for cars. Not concerts.

You wouldnt lean a couple of broom sticks against a house for a ladder would you? No, cause it aint made for it. Just cause you can, dont mean you should try it.

I understand you want to try it, but take my word for it.... you cant use broom sticks for ladders... it just wont support you. However, I know some people just dont get it sometimes. So, if you want to try it.... just make sure your insurance is current.

If you want to learn why & educate yourself here about why this is not a good idea, we can continue the discussion. Otherwise, no one here, I hope, is not going to help you with putting PA speakers in your car.

Besides, I really dont want to hear you going through my neighborhood, 5 streets over, thumpin'.
    Not 100% true. They do make P.A. style speakers for car audio. I did not know he was doing 150+ DB.

Look at the VO series

http://ddaudio.com/products/mids-and-highs/

Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

And then it goes BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RWRRRRR WWWWWRRRRRR aw crap my eardrums went through the windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown DJ View Post
    Not 100% true. They do make P.A. style speakers for car audio.
    PA style speakers for car audio? They are "PA style" for "car audio"?

Its ok that they are the same style, but if they are for car audio, wouldnt they be designed for .... car audio?

I am not familiar with the specific speakers your referring to but they can be on the same style as PA speakers all day long, but if they are designed for car audio.... then they are car audio speakers. Yes? No? I mean, I am just asking since you mentioned it.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Quote Originally Posted by Dixieland DJ View Post
    PA style speakers for car audio? They are "PA style" for "car audio"?

Its ok that they are the same style, but if they are for car audio, wouldnt they be designed for .... car audio?

I am not familiar with the specific speakers your referring to but they can be on the same style as PA speakers all day long, but if they are designed for car audio.... then they are car audio speakers. Yes? No? I mean, I am just asking since you mentioned it.
    Just because it's called a car audio driver does not mean it's only a car audio driver and it's not used for other types of audio. JTR usesw modified car audio drivers for there P.A. subs. Some car audio guys use compression drivers in there SQ cars.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

I once used speakers that came out of a studio install on a previous car of mine, then I was more after sound quality than volume

It did work out nice, the sound was lovely... Before that I once tried car audio woofers and thought they sounded awful. Very restricted at the suspension so the coil doesn't jump out of the magnet sort of sound.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    I once used [URL="https:// oh no you don't /best-speakers-for-car/"]speakers for my car /URL] that came out of a studio install on a previous car of mine, then I was more after sound quality than volume

It did work out nice, the sound was lovely... Before that I once tried car audio woofers and thought they sounded awful. Very restricted at the suspension so the coil doesn't jump out of the magnet sort of sound.
    Its ok that they are the same style, but if they are for car audio, wouldn't they be designed for .... car audio?
    Last edited by Manu; 11-01-2018 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Because you're one special kind of stupid

Hey champ, nice job trying to insert a link while quoting me

When I was in High School (1978-1981) we had a kid in my class that stole (Or at least claimed he stole.) two metal horn PA speakers from a baseball diamond. And mounted them in the back window of his car over the rear seats.

The first thing almost everybody said when the saw it was that has got to sound terrible, horrible, awful, etc.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Jony2decance View Post
    Its ok that they are the same style, but if they are for car audio, wouldn't they be designed for .... car audio?

Oh... Manu already dropped the ban-hammah.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...