Thread: school dance contracts

school dance contracts

Those of you that do school dances, do you use a special contract or just use your normal contract.
    I've done a couple and used my normal contract, but was thinking about wording it different for schools.

I use my original contract but have a couple of specific clauses/paragraphs in it for schools & kids events etc.

It deals with "X" number of chaperones per "X" number of kids

And a list of music must be provided, approved & signed by specific people depending on the event. If its a school, the person hosting & signing my contract & the principal of the school has to approve & sign the list of music. I do NOT play anything outside of that list.... even is grandma school teacher wants to here the Chicken Dance. If it aint on the list, it dont get played.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

I've done half a dozen or so for 3 or 4 schools, plus photobooth for 4 more..no contract, just an invoice.

Never actually had a contract for school dances. Just invoices like @Prof_Fate mentioned

Got a call 7 pm friday night (school is on christmas break) from a student at teh HS to book me for first weekend in jan, their winter formal.

Followed up with a FB message (since they messaged me) and a text.

No contract..no invoice at this point either...just a time, place and price.

Jr High student council is thinking of hiring me for their feb dance..i only know this because one of my daughter's friends spent the night and we chatted...no official call or anything. She didn't even ask if I'm available that day...or a price.

WOM is where these came from.

I've since added a second 18" sub, moving heads and blacklight...I want their prom dammit! And homecoming...

Thanks for the responses. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

I think I'm just going to go the invoice route. Seems to be the easiest. As long as the school doesn't require a contract, I don't.