Thread: Scratch session

Scratch session

I probably needed the volume a bit higher on my samples, but otherwise what do y'all think?

Click here for mobile viewing.
    DJF member since 2005 - PKA AssassiN and DJ Assassin
    SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE! Weekly Uploads! Marathon Training Vlogs! DJ Videos!

Sounds good but...how do you see your future as a dj in the longterm?
    Do you want to invest more time and money is scratching and other techniques?
    Is there audience for it, do you believe you will earn steady money with it as a profession?

Yeah, the scratching volume level was a little low... but so what? You've. Got. Skillz.

Rep!
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Thanks guys! for some reason every time I record with headphones my samples channel is too low.. A reoccurring misjudgment. For example, heres a session i recorded last night while my roommate was sleeping.. again, low on the cuts :-/ I'm working on it.

And I'm really not into scratching for money.. its just my artistic release when I have a lot on my mind. I have two regular weekend bar gigs that I play, and I try and pick up a couple local festivals a year; maybe one day I'll get paid for scratching but its not a priority of mine.

Since DJF is kinda slow these days, I figured I would start posting my practice sessions in an attempt to force myself to make progress. I really appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback from fellow scratch DJs!

Excellent work, dope routines.
    In that first vid you hardly looked down. That's some serious muscle memory there.
    Your cuts remind me of the 90s hip-hop DJ style in a good way.
    Keep at it, your flow is good and it is easy to appreciate your style. Tighten it up just a little, and its golden.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by SeiM View Post
    DJ SEIM NtheEnd Session
    The way that turntable is bouncing around. That video would make for a good Shure commercial.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

newest practice session... i need to edit some new custom serato samples.. oh and f*#& houseflies

I wish i had the patience to learn how to scratch, I don't so I much prefer to appreciate and be impressed by fellas like you doing this!
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Quote Originally Posted by SeiM View Post
    newest practice session... i need to edit some new custom serato samples.. oh and f*#& houseflies
    I think that the scratching is on point!

I do think that the showmanship could be more. You look bored while scratching. Get EXCITED!
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Thanks for the feedback! My friend thought the same thing haha