Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Martin Garrix Promises To Master Beatmatching After Being Named World’s Number 1 DJ

Quote Originally Posted by akswun View Post
    not flashing your tits, not throwing cakes
    I can attest to this. Last time I tried this, down the local Rural UKIP Farmer's working club and annual dinner dance, I go reprimanded in no uncertain terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Puregroove View Post
    I can attest to this. Last time I tried this, down the local Rural UKIP Farmer's working club and annual dinner dance, I go reprimanded in no uncertain terms.

Quote Originally Posted by akswun View Post
    So basically, fuck DJing and what it entails. Lets just make Justin Bieber number 1 on DJmags top DJ list, because you know, he entertains and gets paid.....

Man...DJ mag is a joke.... their top 100 list is a joke.... these producers being touted as DJs (Some producers don't even consider themselves DJs) a JOKE.... Dj's and producers usually go hand in hand. But I'd like to argue that majority of the content on this very forum is based on being a fucking DJ. There's a distinction between a DJ and Producer, if you can do both great, but this is DJ Forums....NO?
    damn right
    This signature has been censored. - PCWO

Garrix then sent his home CDJs to his mastering engineer.
    My production tips thread. On my production philosophy, techniques, and concepts
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...roduction-Tips

Quote Originally Posted by mix4fix View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, Martin Garrix is a newb. He is 20. He's not even old enough to pay the rent.

Carl Cox is 54. He paid his rent many times over.
    Quote Originally Posted by djshire View Post
    Cox has been producing for a very long time, just not as long as he's dj'd....Cox has multiple studios, including one in Ibiza. So I doubt Garrix has anything to teach Cox
    Agree with both. It's a bit disheartening that this is even an issue

I bet cox doesn't know how to produce a Prada snare from scratch, but I doubt he'd want too. Or the intricacies of mid/side EQ, Parallel compression. Cox is a legend no questioning that. I just don't see him as a guy sat locked to a PC screen 10 hours of most days, learning the finer details of modern DAWs and the ins and outs of the latest VSTs. If he isn't doing that then even I would be showing him how to get something to work.

As i said... He may own the studios but that doesn't mean he is the in house guru... I could be very wrong. I had some of COX's remixes on vinyl back in the day, FANTASIA time line and while we loved his tracks, they were very minimal and basic... No professor shit going on. To get a track to sound any where close to GARRIX (like it or not) lots of professor shit. Techno is quite easy to make, what it requires that is the hard part, is the soul of a techno lover, to envisage a great Techno track, that is COX 100%.

I will also add... The earlier tracks that made Garrix big, the extra touches that make those track reach the level they need to be, weren't done by him. I will remind everyone i'm not a Garrix fan, I'm speaking from a studio perspective.

I'll use another example... POP records, we can sit here and slag them off all day but those that do have no idea the level of complexity and the 'technical' skill of those who work on them, often quite a lot of people combined, from start to finish... There is no doubt that Garrix is very skillful with a DAW. Unless of course it's all Milli Vinilli.
    Last edited by mitchiemasha; 11-11-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
    I bet cox doesn't know how to produce a Prada snare from scratch
    Why bother? Everyone just samples it straight from the source.

So many people rattling on about Carl Cox like he is perfection.. i remember him not turning up to plenty of gigs and also having to apologise to people who had paid to see him because the set was so bad.. i like and respect him but simply throwing his name into the pot everytime is as boring as seeing these same old threads about shit DJs we would never go and see anyway.. Garrix is not the number one DJ in the world, he is the number one DJ in a magazine, thats like me saying Gaston Ramirez is the worlds best footballer because he came number one in our match day programme, thats literally how big an influence DJ mag has on dance music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.

The thing I DON'T GET or HATE the most is.....If your Martin Garrix (or any house/festival type producer DJ).....

Chances are that most of the songs you would be playing in a DJ set are 'VERY CLOSE' in BPM (+ or - only 1-2 beats)....

Martin Garrix mostly plays house that is probably 128-130 only...!!!

Therefore....Logic would say that BEATMATCHING would be really easy....almost next to nothing...?!?!

I mean...its not like he's a "open format" type DJ who needs to play across a wide range of BPM's (60 - 160) and genres.

I just don't F@#CKIN get how these producer type DJ's can't learn beatmatching when the beats of the songs they are mixing are always the 'same' or only 1-2 beats apart and they also play in ONE GENRE...!!!

Should be F@#CKIN EASY if asked to do by any half way decent DJ...!!

Uuuggghhhh...damn these producer DJ's F'ING UP the craft...!!
    Last edited by DjBetta; 11-23-2016 at 09:21 PM.
    "May the beats be with you" ~ ChewBacca ~

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by minhhieuk99999 View Post
    Caº open message £ m Ae¡n Tha'ng »Ã * ch U tá» «baº¡n mA¬nh Tha'ng thAªm cA³ patch news» ?? ¥ n Ä'á vaº »?? present
    Quote Originally Posted by minhhieuk99999 View Post
    Download fish m Æ ¡ n the city ´ ng y» ¯ u à * ch Col.» «bá is code n ³ m ª city couples nh ¬ city ´ information patch» download patch ¥ nà viewing n * y
    Last edited by mix4fix; 11-24-2016 at 08:48 PM.