Thread: Unable to beat grid tracks

Unable to beat grid tracks

Hi

I have a couple of tracks where my serato pioneer controller has not been able to beat grid the track correctly. It could even be that the track is in a different bpm to what was analysed.

What can I do to fix the beat grids etc?

Or do I just need to mix these tracks by beat matching?

Have you come across similar tracks and how did you solve the issue?

Cheers,
    Craig

Oh yeah this happens all the time no matter what the system. Never trust auto grid! Run everything by a reference track (at home!) to make sure it's correct.

If it's not, you're going to have to manually adjust the BPM against your reference track until it's right.

Not everything grids, and not just older tracks either. There's a lot of newer reggae and island that you just have to mix on the fly if you're into doing that kind of stuff. And then there's an occasional oddball pop track (Hand Clap anyone?) Sorry to those I've just offended but others who DJ in open rooms know what I'm talking about. Anyway with that one I re-recorded it with hand on platter and nudged it back and forth to get it right.

Ableton is not a tool I have at present, but with that you can reportedly warp tracks into grids. I probably need to pick it up.