Thread: Pissed off at Yelp

Pissed off at Yelp

So I'm a little too old school. Comes with being old I guess. Anyway, about a year ago I thought I'd try to start getting some business from Yelp so I made a concerted effort to ask some of my happy clients to give me a positive review on Yelp. I had 2 very old reviews previously. When I recently checked on my Yelp page none of my yelp reviews have been posted because the people posting over the last year haven't posted much in the past. Only my 2 original posts show up. GRRRrrrr... I am not a restaurant that serves hundreds of meals a day. I am not going to have tons and tons of people writing reviews like a restaurant. Every review is important. It seems to me the system is rigged.

Do Facebook first. Then the other social media (Instagram, Twitter, etc.). THEN do Yelp.

There is a method to the madness.

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I don't know the answer either.
    ONly about 16% of your friends see any post you make on FB- if you saw all the posts of all your friends you'd be drowned in posts and read nothing - so you only see posts from people you intereact with...and vice versa.

So FB posts have little value other than if you have a dedicated page and treat it like a blog perhaps. Not sure it will show up in a general google search though.

Quote Originally Posted by prof_fate View Post
    So FB posts have little value other than if you have a dedicated page and treat it like a blog perhaps. Not sure it will show up in a general google search though.
    I do have a FB page specifically for the business. It works pretty well. It does show up in Google search's. I only allow business related posts , pictures etc on the page. I refused to use FB for a long time, then about 8 or 10 years ago, my niece finally convinced me to start a dedicated page for the business. For the first couple of years, I didn't utilize it much because I didn't understand FB or how it could help me. Then I started getting messaged here & there from prospective clients. I started putting more time into it & it has helped. Now, I am getting a few contacts a month off it.
    I post about once per month, spend $15 twice per month on "Boosting" the page & posts. I post at least 1 or 2 pic's with each post & that seems to help. If I post a video, that seems to get more responses.

Keep in mind, just because it works for me, doesn't mean it will work for you. I keep trying to convey that here regularly, that area's, regions, lifestyles all play a part in how you should manage your business. Just because a tool, equipment, style, advertising etc works for one doesn't mean it will work for another.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

I can be wrong...but i have a feeling Google (read Yelp) is been used less and less.
    Facebook seems to be the new internet.

I joined Yelp too awhile back, it generated one lead( I didnt book), other than that, I havent used it, I cant remember that last time I signed into my account.