Thread: Instrumentals and vocals

Instrumentals and vocals

How do you separate them from a song?

I've read about the "reverse polarity". But is there any easy way to do this? or does everyone just grab it off the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by epik1 View Post
    How do you separate them from a song?

I've read about the "reverse polarity". But is there any easy way to do this? or does everyone just grab it off the internet?
    There is software that will create an acapella from a song which includes vocals and instrumentals as well as the opposite. HOWEVER, the quality is very, very poor and not useful for any type of real mixing, producing, etc.

Just by virtue of the way sound is mixed, it is often possible to isolate vocals from the centre of a track.
    Obviously, you've done a bit of reading, and the "cancelling out" method seems to be the most frequently used method - sad to say, there isn't any miracle method for doing this - unless you can find the stems released by the artist for remixing.

VOCAL EXTRACTION METHODS
    http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk/topic6806.html

other than that, it's like trying to take out the eggs from a cake after it's been baked.
    jasoncerna.com | boogieburg | twitter @jasoncerna | instagram @jasoncerna

Agree with everyone. But if you really want vocals and instrumentals, buy the single.

Sorry, the right way to do it is not to create them. Thats a half-assed way that may or may not work. If you really need them, buy the single, or get a subscription to a record pool or buy them on djcity. Whoever produces the actual song generally releases the instrumental and acapella to select sources.

Quote Originally Posted by danthedj View Post
    Sorry, the right way to do it is not to create them. Thats a half-assed way that may or may not work. If you really need them, buy the single, or get a subscription to a record pool or buy them on djcity. Whoever produces the actual song generally releases the instrumental and acapella to select sources.
    I guess that's the best and most legal way thanks!
    lol yeah the "cheap" programs like Virtual DJ has an effect plug in that does it. Being a free program, it's not that bad for what it is but it's still garbage lol.
    I don't want to spend a lot of money on a subscription or a shit ton of singles, as I'm still starting out.

Currently my "ghetto" way of isolating vocals from instruments is just cutting lows and highs a bit, and vice versa for instrumentals.
    Last edited by epik1; 02-06-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akswun View Post
    Agree with everyone. But if you really want vocals and instrumentals, buy the single.
    what he said

I dont even know where to buy a single in australia anymore. and I see very few dance singles with acapellas included.
    Lots have instrumentals and I can make the acapella with that (In Most cases) but so many of them make it very difficult to get a good acapella. I dont know why.. give all of us amateurs a chance to promote your track for free