Thread: Post Your Octoberfests! (not that exciting, really...)

Post Your Octoberfests! (not that exciting, really...)

I did my 1st and prob only Octoberfest this month. On Saturday. It was an all day thing (ugh)
    I DJ'd and MC'd on the main stage. There were German singers, a UmPah Band, kids acts, Stein holding
    contest, Best Bavarian dressed little boy and girl, best Bavarian Dressed Man and Woman and Best Bavarian dressed Dog contest.
    Didn't get paid much and didn't get any wedding/gigs interest from the crowd, so it wasn't all that
    but lots of hard work as the acts used my mics/speaker set up. Just 4 JBL 12x2's. Used 2 American Audio amps
    powered each pair separately in case one takes a dump. Love the blue LEDS they put inside the vents. I got as much beer to drink
    courtesy Budweiser Golden Road and Shock Top. Not really recommend as a good gig for DJ's that like to play popular stuff
    as an example I play Rihanna's ---"Needed Me" (clean) and some guy told me that there are kids here. An old lady told me she didn't like Taylors "Shake It Up"--its old and such a White song, too. Worse than a wedding. LOL

Last edited by fatcatdj; 10-03-2016 at 01:20 AM.
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

Looks like fun. Did you play the "Chicken Dance" yet?

I'm cultural dazzled...didn't know there are octoberfests in the USA? Does this common occur in all states?

Quote Originally Posted by rikv View Post
    I'm cultural dazzled...didn't know there are octoberfests in the USA? Does this common occur in all states?
    I'm in Minnesota and there are a lot of Germans here. A lot. 38% of minnesotans say they are German. We have a German fest here in my town, but it's not huge. Some places are crazy German and then yeah they have huge german fest celebrations. Here's a fun post that shows the largest ancestry by country. http://blogs.voanews.com/all-about-a...s-melting-pot/