Thread: Alexander Nut / Friday 30th Sept' / Reading Rooms Dundee

Alexander Nut / Friday 30th Sept' / Reading Rooms Dundee

Eglo label boss Alexander Nut has made a name for himself blending all corners of the contemporary music spectrum into a glimmering prism of late-night futurism. With a mutant brew of bass-heavy sounds, showcasing a plethora of producers with a mixing style all his own, Alexander Nut and his label Eglo Records [co-run with Floating Points] have fast become bywords for eclectic quality.

From Rinse FM & now a regular on NTS Radio,and clubs such as FWD, Deviation, Plastic People & Fabric, word from Alexander Nut is "if it sounds good, play it. no requests."

warm-up with miss dlove.

Gate - £5 before 11.30 / £7 after

for more details and links, please visit our website
    http://readingroomsdundee.com/alexander-nut.html
    Last edited by dlove; 09-30-2016 at 01:51 AM.

Just to give anyone interested a heads-up; this will be my penultimate warm-up at the Reading Rooms, after October I am stepping down from my 13 year DJ residency at the club to concentrate on other things.

Big Love to everyone around me, from the beginning with Typical Girls, through my years playing with Mungo's Hi-Fi, to Funky Missile, Big & Broad, and of course, with all the special guest nights.
    It's been a real honour to have been a part of something including Lee Scratch Perry & Mad Professor, The Bays, Jerry Dammers, Veba, Lady Driver, Paul Murphy, Norman Jay, Quantic, Joseph Malik, Lucinda Slim, Jean Honeymoon, Keb Darge, Don Letts, Earl Zinger, Gilles Peterson, Anushka, The Heatwave, Rubi Dan, Oneman, Resonators, The Drop, Prince Fatty Soundsystem with Hollie Cook & Horseman, Ruts DC, The Congos, Toddla T & Serocee, Wrongtom, David Rodigan, JStar & Soom T, Disorda; and with Mungo's Hi-Fi, cheers for Solo Banton, Parly B, Junior Dread, Charlie P, Soom T, Blackout JA...it's been a blast!

Of course, with this end comes sadness, but it's a beautiful sadness fused with excitement for the future, and the knowledge that the club is in safe hands, with our residents providing the very best of what independent club culture is all about. So, with that said, on to tonight!

So happy to be able to warm-up for Alexander Nut; he's got all the music I need, and everytime I hear him play, it always gives me faith for the future. Here's a mix to get in the mood. Big Love!

Last edited by dlove; 10-18-2016 at 01:42 AM.

So sad that your time there is coming to an end... but your new chapters of life are calling.

May you burn the house down when you warm the crowd, D-Love. Have fun!

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Thank you KLH, I'm definitely planning to!