Thread: I DJed with Djay 2 on an iPhone, and I liked it...

I DJed with Djay 2 on an iPhone, and I liked it...

I justed ordered that split cable to be able to listen to my cue song.

I'm wondering one thing though, has anyone used the split cable to hook it up to a proper dj mixer? I'm thinking it could be hooked up to two channels on a mixer and it would then be possible to use the EQ, effects and mix the song on my mixer or any mixer in a bar/club (instead of the tiny buttons on my screen).
    Last edited by monkeystyle; 09-20-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Btw, do any of these new mixers out there with built in sound card come with the ability to hook
    Up an iPad via USB and use as a media player? That would be so dope!!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeystyle View Post
    has anyone used the split cable to hook it up to a proper dj mixer?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZnSzX_UnkE

Quote Originally Posted by monkeystyle View Post
    Btw, do any of these new mixers out there with built in sound card come with the ability to hook
    Up an iPad via USB and use as a media player? That would be so dope!!
    Yes they do.

The split cable just splits the left and right channels out to different jacks. So you end up with mono sound. If that's OK with you then it works.

If you want stereo AND headphones or stereo and external mixing then yes indeed you need an external sound card as well as software that supports it. My friend uses Traktor for iPad with a Z1 controller and likes it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    The split cable just splits the left and right channels out to different jacks. So you end up with mono sound. If that's OK with you then it works.

If you want stereo AND headphones or stereo and external mixing then yes indeed you need an external sound card as well as software that supports it. My friend uses Traktor for iPad with a Z1 controller and likes it a lot.
    That's cool too, but... I was more thinking of mixing on any mixer, either my own or one at a venue etc.

I'm thinking it could be a little sound card that makes sure the sound quality is as good as what you get with a serato box etc. It should enable me to have sound come into each channel and then all the constrols I need to stop and start, pitch cue etc is taking care of on the screen.

I don't like controllers, I like a nice big box (mixer) with nice big buttons that feels good to mix on. I hate controllers.

In terms of mixing, a mixer already has all I need. My DJM 400 or Rodec Scratch Box can fit in a bag easily. So a setup with a mixer an iphone/ipad is all I need.

Since I alredy have an ipad and iphone, next time I'll buy a mixer, I'd also rather spend money on a nice mixer that goes well with my vinyl collection. Something paired with my iphone gives me a complete digital setup without having to buy something specifically for that.

Looks like djay 2 (according to their web site) only supports full controllers, no sound cards with external mixer mode. At least, they don't talk about that anywhere I saw. But Traktor for ipad says that it'll work with the NI Audio 2 interface, so maybe that's the ticket for you.