Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Organisation

I separate by sub-genres and also by release date (I keep tracks within a span of 5 years together). I don't wanna mix the new stuff with old school music!

I sort all my music by genre and then split into sub crates by their respective release year. I used to split them by month as sub crates under the year for each genre, but that just became too much.
    Play music, have fun, be proud of the moment, let the beat flow through your fingertips, your passion and dedication is the language for your own success. [/B]

I have different playlists separated by what I like to refer to as genres on my 32GB stick, for example:

Progressive House
    Tech House
    Techno

With each playlist you may find tracks within them that appear in another playlist/s because they are compatible, so for example a techno track may work well in a tech House orientated set or even a Progressive House set.

Then within each playlist containing around 100 tracks the tracks are broken down into something akin to energy, for example:

INTRO
    WARM UP
    BUILD UP
    DRIVING
    PEAK TIME
    CLOSE

This enables me to find tracks that are suitable for that particular moment quite easily.

I've found this to work very well for me.

Simon