Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweaty/moist hands while scratch practicing!

Sweaty/moist hands while scratch practicing!

Any of you seasoned turntablist ever come across this problem? I've become a bit jaded with simple beat mixing and am practicing my scratches more often, but I've noticed that some sessions my hands become moist or sweaty making it difficult to keep grip on the record. I'm constantly wiping my hands on my damn shirt or pants.
    It's just annoying. Lol
    I've read on the Google machine that some antiperspirant deodorant will work on hands too! I may give that a try, just to see if it'll maybe work...

Any other suggestions???
    Thanks guys
    (((DJF member since 06')))

Quote Originally Posted by Crushgroove View Post
    Any of you seasoned turntablist ever come across this problem? I've become a bit jaded with simple beat mixing and am practicing my scratches more often, but I've noticed that some sessions my hands become moist or sweaty making it difficult to keep grip on the record. I'm constantly wiping my hands on my damn shirt or pants.
    It's just annoying. Lol
    I've read on the Google machine that some antiperspirant deodorant will work on hands too! I may give that a try, just to see if it'll maybe work...

Any other suggestions???
    Thanks guys
    two words, one hyphen...hand-towel.

maybe wear some athletic bands like DJ vajra for example.

Trust me, I have a hand towel. Lol
    Fan, yup... maybe I'll wear some gloves... like Michael Jackson. Oh well, glad it's not all the time.
    (((DJF member since 06')))

haha...moist.
    Find me everywhere @youseenofilter

I never really have this issue. Could be just nerves unless you always have clammy hands.
    https://soundcloud.com/zsquared-doe/my-name-is-zsquared-official-edm-mix

Sporting grip wax or chalk will leave a residue which I guess isn't gonna be good after a few sessions.
    Q-bert used to go on about Sparco fingertip moistener as opposed to licking your fingers and spreading spit on everything you touch.
    Having never seen such a thing I wonder if it's any good for sweaty hands too.

If it's that bad you could use silicone finger protector thingys rather than a whole glove.

Im the exact opposite, my hand are dry and lose my grip. Im always licking my fingers (i know gross)

Al-Qaeda gave me herpes on my lips so I never really lick my fingers not that I'm a scratch mixer but there you go. If you must know it was that dodgy Looking Glass in the club.
    So if your lips start itching while you're in the competition you've got to quit.