Thread: New Mod Expectations

New Mod Expectations

This is just a follow up to the announcement of moderator opennings that every forum has. While Dixieland DJ has outlined the basic requirements, I want to clarify a few things so that no is discouraged or think that we Admins are being too difficult.

DJF is a work of love... and it takes a lot of work behind the scenes to make the magic happen. While going through the site's content and addressing policy violations do take some time, being a stand-up member that other members can look up to is harder to do. We Admins recognize and look for that in new moderator candidates because we want DJF to continue to thrive.

Here's the listing of expectations in the announcement and I'll comment where I believe more clarification is needed:
    Members can only nominate themselves who:
    1) are interested in becoming a moderator
    This is said because we want role-models as moderators. If you don't want to be a role-model, then please don't apply.

2) have the time to visit the site at least 6 days per week on average (at least 25 days per month)
    We want mods to be visibly active so that members - especially new members - can see that this is a place where members won't be bashed and ridiculed. We're all here to learn, grow, and help others. Seeing active mods around will prevent outright internet-style bullying.

3) have the passion to moderate his/her assigned forum sections on a daily basis, fairly & without prejudice
    We Admins strive to keep DJF is a fair place so we want to see the rules enforced on everyone - including Admins. While there may be a delay in identifying content from when it's created, we hope to minimize that delay.

4) have the willingness, knowledge & understanding to moderate assigned sections
    We want to have our mods be experienced in the subject matter when participating and moderating. We Admins hope that this will reduce misinformation on DJF.

5) are willing to abide by & enforce the rules & policies outlined by the site Administrators
    We Admins strive to keep DJF is a fair place so we want to see the rules enforced on everyone - including Admins.

6) conduct yourself in a polite, respectful & professional manner at all times
    We're all here to learn, grow, and help others... not bully and ridicule.

7) are willing to assist, provide help & information to other members
    We're all here to learn, grow, and help others. It's a recurring theme.

8) are willing to post on a regular basis in general &/or to provide knowledge & advice to other members
    Again, we want to have our mods be experienced in the subject matter when participating and moderating. Being active and experienced bring timely new content for our community.

9) are willing help promote & grow the DJF community
    We're all here to learn, grow, and help others. It's a recurring theme and it just keeps popping up.

Well there you have it. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them below so that either existing Mods or Admins can answer them.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I wanted to bump this thread & remind everyone that we are still taking nominations for new Moderators until July 31, 2016. We want to be sure that every member who wants to nominate themselves has the opportunity to do so. However, we will only be taking nominations until July 31. If you would like to nominate yourself, please do so soon.

To nominate yourself, please see the announcement posted here: http://www.djforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=2
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php