Thread: Numark ndx500

Numark ndx500

Thinking about buying these cdj's, anyone on here have them and any problems with them long term?I'm not a pioneer fan and wont be looking at them, the only thing I am looking at is the gemini decks at this point.

you are the first person that hear about who doesnt like pioneer, if you are refering to the new cdjs 900\2000 i can understand why, not saying they arent good, they just dont have the same build quality as the processor cdj 1000.
    and they are also too lite for weight (altough its an advantage for carrying cases) if you are refering to the cdj 350\400, you may not have anough knowledge about cdj's, thye may not be the best looking\feeling cdjs out there but are the most reliable and this is why they are far more expensive.

Although I have Pioneer players, I have used quite a few other makes and if you are set in your ways of not going down the Pioneer route then I would recommend taking a look at the Gemini CDJ 700/650(smaller version), but by far and away the best non-pio deck that I have owned/used is the Reloop RMP 3 Alpha, CDS, USB and its TSI for Traktor all work flawless, really is a top notch bit of kit and as I understand Reloop have released the RMP 4 now too, so might want to check that out.

As for the Numark, I have used the NDX400 and whilst it was OK, I really don't like the Cueing function that Numark use on their CDJ's.

They're the cheapest MP3 USB transport player I know of that is also Serato DJ capable due to its built-in sound card and "certification" licensing shit Numark paid for. So if you want Serato as an option and you won't be playing lossless files off a USB, they should work fine. Also worth noting: the Numarks lack USB drive linking, so you need one drive per transport deck. Denon, Gemini, and Hanpin (American Audio, Reloop, Stanton, Omnitronic, Akiyama, Citronic, DJ Tech, etc) will also work as budget alternatives to the Pioneers if you're not stuck on Serato DJ, and they all have models with USB drive linking. Of the Gemini, I think it's hard to recommend the CDJ-700 when the MDJ-1000 is out now. They have a lot of Pioneer CDJ2000-like cheats built in like moving waveforms, BPM readouts, and sync, making them into a budget turnkey automated system resembling the Pioneers. Gemini is also about to come out with its VCase software to do pre-analysis, gridding, and database functions that Denon's Engine and Pioneer's Rekordbox also do. Personally, I like the Hanpins and the Denons, but that's because I'm not a fan of automation. The Hanpins have a lot of variation in the firmware used between the differing brandings, though.
    Last edited by Reticuli; 07-20-2016 at 09:07 PM.

Numark NDX500

Hi,
    I'm searching for a cheap CDJ with usb pen insert.
    How are these? Has someone tried them?

I've read that MDJ-500 GEMINI has got low quality sound and also software problems, so I'm watching these Numark.

thanks

I owned the Gemini CDJ 700 once (but sent it back because I decided to stick with vinyl) and found them to be quite good for the money. Jogwheel felt great, pitch slider was good and the small display was alright for basic orientation in the track. Haven't tried effects/loops or stiff like that. But for normal playback and spinning some tracks i found them to do the job quite well.
    They are no longer in production so I have no idea if buying them used on ebay is an option, due to the lower built quality of Gemini stuff (maybe buttons get broken and so on). But maybe you could try the MDJ 900?

Then I played with the MDJ 500 once and wouldn't recommend them, as there is huge latency on the CUE button. The music will just start with a little lag when hitting CUE, making it hard to bring your track on in time. Maybe they fixed it with software updates, but back when I played with them I wouldn't say they are worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlNapp View Post
    The music will just start with a little lag when hitting CUE

I had just bought a pair of these ndx500s. And they are great! The usb stick capabilites is what sold me here! I paid $120 each used
    I am not a professional DJ. It's a backyard hobby I love! In the garage. Numark ndx-500, American Audio 10 mxr , 4 BFM tuba 24s, EV ZLX 12p's, Truss full of lights. I STILL have all my equipment as of January 2023!

Yes. I bought myself a pair of Numark NDX500s about 5 months ago and I'm really impressed with them! Coming from mixing vinyl on 1210s to mixing mp3s took no time at all to adjust. I love just being able to put all my music on usb sticks, you can literally mix anything! I'm not a DJ though, I just do it as a hobby. If you're just starting out or an amateur like me then in my opinion you can't go wrong with the ndx500s. I definitely rate them for beginners, so easy to use, the pitch is really accurate, they seem a pretty solid build...