Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Laptops (Includes a Guide)

Quote Originally Posted by Galager View Post
    Actually, I use a Toshiba with back lit keys. Mac doesn't have that.
    Macbook pros have had that since 2006...

While we're on it... I have a macbook pro retina with 2.6 I7, 16gb of ram, 512gb SSD. Runs amazingly well, but I swear Serato Video doesnt really play nice with mountain lion right now. Otherwise, the machine is great. Used to have a 2008 Macbook Pro with 2.4 Core 2 Duo, still works great to this day!

I been using PCs since 2004. Very rarely I have major issues. But for me, I am good at using them and dealing or avoiding problems. The first desktop I owned (Emachines) was the only big problem. After 2 years of use, it just stopped turning on. Every other PC and laptop, it was only a few times since 2004 I really had to reboot, but that is really nothing! I get new PCs every few years as to keep myself updated with the latest. And sell the old ones.

For my 1 1/2 yr old Dell laptop, I was having problems with blue screens that really annoyed me. Then i decided to reboot the whole thing. Ever since, it's been good! Software problems I guess. My new Gateway LT4008u netbook is GREAT! I typing with this right now! LOL. And yes, I am using this for my DJing hobby.
    I am not a professional DJ. It's a backyard hobby I love! In the garage. Numark ndx-500, American Audio 10 mxr , 4 BFM tuba 24s, EV ZLX 12p's, Truss full of lights. I STILL have all my equipment as of January 2023!

I have 2 laptops: Dell Inspiron that runs VDJ under stripped down Windows and another Dell (forgot the model) that runs Mixxx under Linux.
    The first one has been with me for 5 years running with no problems (knock on wood), and the Linux laptop is about 3 years now.

From a certified warranty computer repair technician who oversees 14,000 computers on campus, stay the hell away from anything new from HP or Dell. Nothing but headaches. Also the cheaper Toshibas aren't built very rugged either.

I agree with DJzrule. I have a HP laptop and have nothing but issues when I use it. The touch pad works then doesn't work at times and has crashed a few times at gigs. I just went to a 2007 macbook white and will never run a pc for DJ use again. My macbook has a 500gb hb and 4gb ram and runs perfect. I would suggest a macbook for DJ use for being so simple and plug and play. I was one that would never go to mac but after dealing with my HP I decided to try it out and now won't look back.

Wow I got negative rep for my experience with my HP laptop and switching to a macbook? That's pretty sad that someone would do that.

Here is what the comment said:
    Not ALL pc's have problems. Just because one PC is bad, don't assume all the other millions are bad

So to whoever gave me neg rep read it again. I never said all pc's are bad. I said that I personally wouldn't go to a pc for DJ use from MY experience. Now the outcome could be difference if I went to a Toshiba or a Asus laptop but I didn't. I still have my PC desktop and laptop. I will never get rid of my desktop I love it to much. So before you go around and Neg rep people for their own comment you need to think again before you do so because that is just uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by DjAaron View Post
    Wow I got negative rep for my experience with my HP laptop and switching to a macbook? That's pretty sad that someone would do that.

Here is what the comment said:
    Not ALL pc's have problems. Just because one PC is bad, don't assume all the other millions are bad

So to whoever gave me neg rep read it again. I never said all pc's are bad. I said that I personally wouldn't go to a pc for DJ use from MY experience. Now the outcome could be difference if I went to a Toshiba or a Asus laptop but I didn't. I still have my PC desktop and laptop. I will never get rid of my desktop I love it to much. So before you go around and Neg rep people for their own comment you need to think again before you do so because that is just uncalled for.
    Well, I'm pretty sure whoever it was cant take away more than I can give ya back. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion even if your opinion is that all PC's are bad. Have a little rep on me.
    Last edited by Dix; 11-24-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

I ran a Toshiba for 3 years as my only laptop no issues. (Torq 1.5).

I now run a Dell N5030 and it has been rock soild with VDJ, my back up is a Dell 7110 (traktor). Both have been great.

At best, get an apple mac if you can afford it. Otherwise beefy laptop with at least 4Gb ram

Quote Originally Posted by DjAaron View Post
    Welcome to the internet. Now I wouldn't worry to much about virtual points.

Quote Originally Posted by Galager View Post
    Actually, I use a Toshiba with back lit keys. Very nice in a dark room! Mac doesn't have that.

Yeah I know its all apart of the net. Just had to vent a tad about it lol. Oh well Keep on spinin!