Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Laptops (Includes a Guide)

Best Laptops (Includes a Guide)

Hp or Macs? I have an HP Gateway 15" running Serato and I had a problem yesterday with it. Before set, it went to a blue screen that showed restore mode. (imagine my panic) Restarted the laptop 5 times then it finally got through.
    So yes, a learning experiance. Am I 100 times better off with a Macbook Pro?

Keep in mind the HP laptop is 2 months old if that and only used for running Serato. And its worked perfectly fine beforehand.

thanks for any input.

I always see macs, I'm gonna get one soon.

I don't do macs. All you need is a laptop with a good processor and you're pretty much sorted. I run an acer aspire 7715z and mine seems to run virtual DJ or traktor without too many problems. If your laptop has a decent processor you'll be fine. To prevent your laptop crashing I recommend scanning it with a decent virus system. What's its technical spec?

Its along the lines of being 1.7Ghz, Intel Celeron processor.

Most any laptop will work well for DJing. There are many opinions.

This topic has been discussed many times. Please use the search feature to look up old threads on things like this.
    I have taken the liberty of searching this one for you. I simply searched for "laptop" & chose "titles only" ... here are the results:
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/searc...archid=1577809
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Thanks Dixieland, i appreciate it.

Actually, it brought up "no matches". But ill look into your keywords. thanks.

Your welcome. And don't get me wrong. If you want to ask questions about your system, that's fine. I'm just saying that your generic question has been covered many times. Feel free to ask any related questions that you don't find answers for and if you need further help just ask. That's what we're here for.
    Good luck.. and welcome to the forums by the way

TC
    Dixie
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Best laptop for DJing? Panasonic Toughbook but there are a ton of laptops in the $300 to $500 range that will work. Anything with an Intel i3 or better will be more than enough.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

For what it's worth I just converted from an HP laptop to a new Macbook Air I7, and I love it!