Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is the saddest Forum around.

Quote Originally Posted by Will MaXimal View Post
    I have been saying this for a while. We attended NAMM, hosted meets and even worked with promoters to develop djf stages.

But nothing could ever get off the ground.

DJF needs to become way more than just a message board.
    A DJF Hosted night in the UK would be ....Interesting !

UK Gang .... Let's GO !

Would be pretty cool to set up a night somewhere ... Hand full of DJF Dj's / Producers all contributing and doing it for the love of music.
    We have a wide range in Talent here from Dj's to Designers to Promoters to sound engineers ... When you think about it .... We have all the right ingredients here to set up a Festival .... Who's in ?>

I would think that the first step is creating a solid foundation. This being selecting what DJF will do and what its identity will be. This means other than a forum, what does DJF want to offer the world? Reviews for gear? Partner with labels, festival production companies, gear companies for new and exciting programs? Show reviews? Label?

A makeover would be nice too like an actual site with things like the above built in.

Once this has been established, we would just need to go through the current hierarchy and assign tasks and maybe even bring new people on board for specific things. I think the whole everyone does everything approach leads to sagging eventually where if people have specific roles then they wont get bogged down. Plus its easier to transition people in and out.

I also think if we do this right we can reach out to companies for sponsorship and if that happens we could raise capital to do all kinds of cool stuff for our members.
    Formerly Dj Swerv (DJF since 07) || Listening to anything that sounds like Boots and Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Usta_B_aDJ View Post

UK Gang .... Let's GO !

Would be pretty cool to set up a night somewhere ... Hand full of DJF Dj's / Producers all contributing and doing it for the love of music.
    We have a wide range in Talent here from Dj's to Designers to Promoters to sound engineers ... When you think about it .... We have all the right ingredients here to set up a Festival .... Who's in ?>
    Why not? I worked with a small electronic music community that threw a few events in LA and got them to do a DJF promo the last few shows before they went cold. We could host a stage/room, work with outside promoters to allow new producers from the forum perform..
    Formerly Dj Swerv (DJF since 07) || Listening to anything that sounds like Boots and Cats

"Make DJF Great Again!"

What A can of worms I drunkenly opened. All this from just bitching on the Tech forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Usta_B_aDJ View Post

UK Gang .... Let's GO !

I'd be well up for this!
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Quote Originally Posted by Will MaXimal View Post

We used to attend grand events and produce articles, get to do hands on reviews of gear, members hosted events and a few of us even tried getting to various events to promote.
    I mean... if you guys decide to get a writer and can get some sponsors and such to float coverage at events i would be willing to help out with photos and such im always at events and even with dj's i also know 95% of the other photographers that tour with the djs or event companys we could do a spot light on them and the importance of promotions etc
    MANU- Rule of thumb: can't get the eggs out of a pancake
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | SOUNDCLOUD | EPK | Music Photographer! Portfolio | Photography Fanpage