Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY DJ Console

DIY DJ Console

Hello,

I used to post here as eF-Inq. I made a console for my friend based on one I made for myself back in 2007-2008, for this beauty, I had no schematics.

Sorry for the poor quality image. Made of thick plywood and covered with black carpet. I've yet to paint and finish the thing. I designed it so that all the wires and frills go inside.

Any thoughts?

-ef

kuva.jpg
    Last edited by efinque; 05-29-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Oh, it has 5RU section on the left, 2RU section in the middle, 8-9RU for the mixer(depends on model, plus the mixer can be angled) and on the right you have your CD/beer sections. It's designed to hold 2 turntables as well, the Pioneers are there for a good pic, it would look naked otherwise

Good job. That looks really nice. I'd like to see some better pictures though. How tall is it at the turntable surfaces? How about the cd player surfaces? How come you did not angle the cd players? I prefer using cd players flat, but at a certain height, I think it becomes necessary to angle them.

+ rep.
    Everybody is going to have an opinion.
    Just do your thing to the best of your ability and have fun with it.

[SIGPIC]http://www.ustream.tv/channel/faderwave-radio[/SIGPIC]

The height in this console is at the moment adjustable(due to the legs being stolen from an old desk), although we did plan on making a commercial(?) version with a friend.

I also incorporated a 45-degree-angle rack on top of the mixer, so that you can place a VU meter(in our case, a compressor) or something similar that you won't be tweaking all the time(It's really cranked up in there!)

EDIT : As for the CD-players,we're thinking bout it! We're a few ideas short though!
    Last edited by efinque; 04-07-2012 at 02:00 PM.

As for the height, it stands approximately 1000mm-1200mm tall. Like I said it's adjustable

A great job.+rep.When I built my console,I didn't think of RU sections,or the wiring.good for you..how long is that table? how can you angle the mixer?I can't see where your VU meter placement would go?I'm looking forward to seeing more pics,when you're finish.

The proper measures are 1510mm width/230mm height(inside)/480mm depth,as for everything else, there are no schematics. It's made piece by piece so there are no accurate measures for the laptop/table pieces. I can make a schematic out of it though.

Angling the mixer is easy, just remove the flush pieces and you're golden. I actually made the mixer section angled but we decided to make it "universal" so that you can fit in just about any mixer, just by removing a few screws. With hinges, it's gonna be awesome.

As for the VU meters, we're thinking bout placing them either above the turntables or..... we did a 45degree rack on top of the mixer so that may be a nice place...

A guy from a well-known business stopped by and gave us an idea of a rack-mountable dimmer T5-light so we might figure something out.
    Last edited by efinque; 08-22-2016 at 06:41 AM.

There's a 100mm deep space for all the wires and extension cords, but for the audience, it's a different view. We plan on incorporating a small DMX light control desk as well..

With the sudden influx of DIY threads I decided to revive this one as well. Here's the first console I designed and built..

EDIT : Here's another picture after I removed the laptop and the speaker stands.

Nice desk!