Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I just buy a bad par light?

Did I just buy a bad par light?

I just bought my first par light on eBay, an American DJ Mega Tripar Profile. I realize that it's not the most powerful par light on the market by any means, but I'm pretty disappointed turning it on, and I'm pretty sure it's not functioning properly. The light is pictured below. It is turned all the way up. Can someone confirm this is not operating properly before I initiate a return?

It helps if you turn off/dim down the room lights to get the effect you are looking for.

I did turn off the lights and close the curtains. There is a light on in the next room.

This is the best I could make it look with all the lights turned off. ...I own 2 ADJ Ultra Bar 12s, which I believe utilize the same 3-watt RGB bulbs. They're blinding. This par light, on the other hand, I can put directly in my face and stare into it without a problem. ...Shouldn't there be a beam of light pointing up the wall?

Are there dimmer settings you need to adjust on the menu? Did you try using DMX? If you can stare at it there must be something wrong.

I haven't bothered with DMX. However, I've adjusted all the on-fixture light settings. I even cranked the color settings to red=255, green=255 & blue=255. That's what you see in the pictures.

You're not going to get a lot out of a $ 99 fixture. Also, the chair rail is blocking most of the light against the wall.

Alslo make sure you have set the dimmer value to 255.
    Last edited by BillESC; 05-10-2016 at 02:36 PM.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

Bill, aren't these the same bulbs as those used in the ADJ Ultra Bar 12 that you sold me? If so, this is definitely defective. The Ultra Bar bulbs are hard to look at when close to the fixture. ...As mentioned earlier, I had all values at 255.

Same diodes, are you sure the separate master dimmer is set to 255? Not just the individual color value.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

I couldn't find a master dimmer. I looked for one and even read through the manual. Are you sure there is one on this light? If I'm missing something, that would explain things.