Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawtin’s MODEL 1 mixer

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
    I don't know why I didn't notice it upon my original post, but why is it not a rotary?
    Rotaries are pretty much an American thing. In Europe, all dj's use mixers with faders. Just a cultural difference. Hawtin has a strong European production and dj tradition as does his British partner in this project who comes from Allen & Heath. If this is what you mean?

/\/\/\

Usually when high end DJ mixers are discussed, exceptional build quality and sound are usually synonymous with rotaries (not necessarily the rule of coarse) . And if it were a rotary, people probably wouldn't even mention the lack of a cross fader too.

I also did not know about the cultural aspect.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

The Boiler Room Model 1 launch in Berlin video is off air. I dunno why but reading the comments from the live stream some transitions were poor and there was a volume issue as well.

https://boilerroom.tv/session/playdi...awtin-friends/

Quote Originally Posted by efinque View Post
    I beg to differ, since the DJ mixer (and the stuff attached to it) in most cases forms the weakest (and of course,the first and therefore the most crucial point audio quality wise when you start iterating) link in the signal chain.
    I would absolutely agree that the stuff plugged into the mixer is a weak link, especially if vinyl comes into it (probably not in Hawtin's case?). But any top-end mixer these days should be able to handle line-level signals with minimal distortion, even when the DJ rams everything to the max. I would think in most cases the weakest link is the signal processing and speaker setup downstream from the mixer.
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    I would absolutely agree that the stuff plugged into the mixer is a weak link, especially if vinyl comes into it (probably not in Hawtin's case?). But any top-end mixer these days should be able to handle line-level signals with minimal distortion, even when the DJ rams everything to the max. I would think in most cases the weakest link is the signal processing and speaker setup downstream from the mixer.
    Hawtin used turntables with Traktor when it was still yellow/orange-ish (there's a youtube vid where he explains his setup from 7 years ago), I guess he's moved on to a CDJ/MIDI setup these days though.

Looks interesting. I'd love to try it.

Another new interesting mixer is this one from Formula Sound, the FF6.2L:

http://formulasounddirect.com/ff62l-...xer-p-116.html

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel S View Post

http://formulasounddirect.com/ff62l-...xer-p-116.html
    Pfft.. for that price I'd design and build my own mixer.

Not that I'd turn down a freebie from a company if I was offered one for test purposes.

I wonder to see their next step, cause atm there's no further information what so ever online, and it seems that the big try out in Berlin was... a big fail.

Very disappointing.

No reviews, no information on retail, nothing. Only comments from YouTube viewers

Formula Sound I'd love to get hold of an FF-4000
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Formula Sound I'd love to get hold of an FF-4000
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Formula-So.../231940380509?