Thread: Yet another "new to DJ'ng thread"

Yet another "new to DJ'ng thread"

Another new guy to the forums. I am looking for suggestions for a beginner setup, what I will need and where to purchase them. Right now My budget is low, I am planning on saving at least $100-$200 out of each check for this. But leaning more towards the $100-$150 mark for sure. I figure with some time I will have enough for a descent setup to start mixing. I love music, I am a big fan of hardstyle but Listen to all kinds of styles anywhere from psytrance, dance, hard house etc. I have been wanting to get into DJ'ng for years now but have never been financially stable for it. Any suggestion is welcomed

Banned
    What sort of setup are you looking to buy man? Turntables? CDJs? Controller?

Welcome to DJF. Make sure that you read the stickies in this section as you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Your budget is quite low; you'll just be able to get a taste of what DJing is like. Consider:

* Getting demo versions of DJ apps like virtual DJ, mixvibes cross,or Traktor and mousing your way through it.

* Buying Ion's Discover DJ controller (which comes with VDJ, IIRC)

* Saving $500 which is where decent entry-level controllers generally start

I recommend the last alternative. Keep in mind that buying music is often MORE than the equipment expenditures.

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

With your budget, I would suggest you save up a little bit more for a DJ controllers, there's great entry-level controllers but those are quite limited. It would be best to get at least a mid-range DJ controllers with some advance controls or even extras features
    Untz untz untz.

Start off by playing around with VDJ etc. and save money for a decent controller.