Thread: 2 or 6?

2 or 6?

So, to not complicate things, I have 2 DMX addresses for 6 of my 300W moving heads. This was fine and dandy until now.

I have a gig coming up where they want me to make a static scene where I will be occasionally pointing the moving heads on to a large disco ball. In order to have all 6 do that, I will need to give each of them their own address (unless you guys can thing of anything else). I will then have to do a bunch of re-programming for different shows. Would 2 300w Moving heads (closest ones to it) be good enough? There should be about 400 people at the venue.

Quote Originally Posted by electricsmooth View Post
    Would 2 300w Moving heads (closest ones to it) be good enough?
    2 heads should be more than enough to light up a mirror ball pretty darn good, the only question is will you be able to position the heads correctly to get sufficient room coverage off the mirror ball. In other words is the mirror ball centrally located in the room or at one end? If it's in the center and you want to cover the whole room you need light coming from all 4 sides, but if it's located at the end of the room then you can get away with as little as a 1 light source.
    Last edited by conanski; 04-24-2016 at 09:50 PM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

It is actually my mirror ball and I will be placing it in front of the stage (hanging off truss unless I get lucky and find somewhere to hang it from) so I will only need lighting at the front.

That's what I'll do. The other 4 moving heads can take a lunch break whenever I point.

Thanks Conanski!! Can't give you no love because I need to spread it around first

hii guys...

hii guys...