Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got the DJM-900NXS2

Quote Originally Posted by Dj O.C View Post
    djm 800 wasnt such a success for the qualified djs back in the days
    Only the most ubiquitous dj mixer in the world...

I just ordered one myself.

I used to have the original DJM-900 Nexus, which was my "portable" mixer because at home I had a Rane MP-2016s (19" rack mount rotary), and that Rane couldn't be taken out easily.

When the Rane MP-2015 came out last year I snatched one up and sold my DJM-900 Nexus.

I really like the MP-2015 (who wouldn't? it's a great mixer!) but I'm disenchanted with the whole sale of Rane to In Music. The company as we knew it no longer exists, it's now just a brand name.

The DJM-900 Nxs2 seems to tick all the boxes (except I'd prefer if they offered a rotary kit, which seems unlikely). I LOVE how the effects seem to now be usable. I hated how "in your face" the older DJM's effects are. You can't even use the filter on the old mixer without that super high resonance sound.

I am concerned about the fact that the mixer doesn't seem to yet support Traktor Scratch or Serato Club Kit. You'd think that would happen soon if Pioneer wants their mixer to be as ubiquitous as possible.

The other concern I have is the physical size of the DJM-900 Nxs2. My DJ booth has a custom cut out for the DJM-900 Nexus, and that happened to fit my Rane MP-2015 just fine... But the Nxs2 will be deeper, I may have to cut the hole bigger which scares me because I am not sure I can make it look professional.

So I'll be comparing and contrasting the MP-2015 and Nxs2 next week and will need to make a decision. I might be crazy to be considering selling the MP-2015... I just don't know!
    "Oooh look at me.... I wrote the Internet!"