Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about Wear?

What about Wear?

Where do you get your tux/suit from? Shoes? As a mobile, standing on your feet for 4+ hours, doing X line dances does have an effect on your body feet! What do you do to lessen the pain, other than not help yourself to the dessert when offered?

I ALWAYS bring mine with me to events
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...r_1_11&sr=8-11

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rock Diesel View Post
    I ALWAYS bring mine with me to events
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...r_1_11&sr=8-11
    Yup! Anti-fatigue mat FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Drop the bass, and the bacon.

Wow, why didn't I think of that? thanks!

I haven't either. Great idea! Rep to everyone!
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

My wife bought me an anti-fatigue mat for Christmas. Good stuff!!

My primary business is weddings and corporate. I don't wear a tux (even I have had one for nearly 20 years), and I don't wear a suit. I don't want to "compete" with the wedding party, and as the DJ/MC, I want to stand out a little bit from the guests, without going too extreme.

I usually wear all black... Tuxedo slacks, and a long-sleeve, French-cuffed dress shirt. I had the tailor monogram my DJ name on my cuff, and I wear "diamond" cuff-links, and a "diamond" watch. I want people to notice my hands on the turntables. I ususally buy my DJ clothes from K&G Fashion, a chain here in the Atlanta area.

My shoes are by Dockers, from a local shoe store. Just black slip-ons. Cost about $50 2-3 years ago. When I'm behind my table, and don't expect to be visible for a while, I usually slip the shoes off and stand on the anti-fatigue mat.

Another thing to "lessen the pain" is to be sure the table is the right height for you. That's part of the reason I always bring my own table. If I'm using the DDJ-SX, it stays in the road case, and is on an two-tier keyboard X-stand. If I'm using the 1200's, they're on a folding 6' table, sitting on top of their flight cases. Otherwise, after four hours, my lower back is stiff and painful!

I know sales guys who always take a bottle of ibuprofen with them when they are doing an expo. They are standing in one place for hours at a time, usually the entire weekend. It's hard on the joints. So, before they start in the morning, they take a couple of ibuprofen to get it in the system, and then take them throughout the day based on the label directions. They say it really helps.

I have comfy black shoes Instead of dress shoes. Antifatige mat sounds a good Idea though. And height is important, got my laptop on a custom stand

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    David, Dorset Wedding DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Yup! Anti-fatigue mat FTW
    I have to get one of these. Good idea guys.

feet dont' bother me (rockport gel shoes) but my back...the next day i can't stand up straight. I moved the laptop higher yesterday but it didn't help much.

Does the mat help with back pain any?

i like to wear all black button up dress shirt, vest, bowtie or regular tie (Depending on my mood that weekend) a nice pair of dress pants that fit good, ("The reporter" from express are my preferred pants lol), Nike socks and i wear these, since i'm behind the booth 98% of the time, and i don't move. i prefer to be comfortable as well as stand out.
    Before these, it was a neon orange pair of Nike FingerTraps.
    Last edited by Djjohnnybertone; 02-22-2016 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Can't Spell to save my life
    But don't listen to me, I don't know anything. I'm just a DJ.