Thread: Dj setup help

Dj setup help

I have a DJ setup with a mixer and a Numark DJ Controller. I connect the DJ Controller via a RCA cable to the mixer for sound, and then connect the Controller to my laptop via USB. How exactly can I connect another DJ Controller to this setup? I have two DJ Controllers, each with two decks and I want to connect everything together.
    Last edited by oxmosh21; 02-14-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Same way.. get another RCA cable and connect the second controller to the mixer on another input.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

The problem I forsee is mixing between the different decks, for example if the first controller has deck 1 and deck 2, and the second has deck 3 and deck 4, how can I mix between deck 1 and deck 3 if there's no crossfader between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by oxmosh21 View Post
    The problem I forsee is mixing between the different decks, for example if the first controller has deck 1 and deck 2, and the second has deck 3 and deck 4, how can I mix between deck 1 and deck 3 if there's no crossfader between the two?
    Again simple enough. If you have control over everything meaning you don't lose track of what is playing on each of the 4 decks(I couldn't do this under the pressure of a live performance), then just leave the channel faders for each controller on the mixer at full and anything you play from any deck comes through the speakers. For a little more isolation you simply pull one fader down as you push the other up, works the same as a crossfader just a little different motion.

P.S. If your mixer is a DJ mixer then it should have a crossofader which will make things a little easier to identify at a glance, but it's not absolutely necessary it's all about what you can get used to.
    Last edited by conanski; 02-14-2016 at 04:52 PM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Thanks!