View Poll Results: Who should be the winner of this battle?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mix 1

0 0%
  • Mix 2

2 66.67%
  • Mix 3

0 0%
  • Mix 4

1 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 125ish BPM House Battle: Kevin James vs Daniel S vs Andmunro vs Basilbrook

Mix 1. great mix, no complaints on transitions, and song selection. smooth mixing, love the second song, one i actually know.

mix 2. really liked the track at the start. decent mix again. no complaints, good song selection. quicker on the transitions i think, so i assume more songs. some nice mixing at the end.

mix 3. more of a singy, soul type mix with dabs of your current house type stuff. all transitions were good and no complaints.

mix 4. smooth mixing, some quick transitions. This mix felt like it had more current tunes in?
    no complaints.

tough one to call. all mixes are pretty much floorless and have no mistakes to pick on.
    so that leaves me with generally feeling i had after listening to each mix.

mix 1 - felt song left in to long, so zones out a bit waiting for transitons.

Mix 2 - old skool like 90's flavor at start and then the mix took off. kept me interested.

Mix 3 - souly, like sound of blackness vibe. some good filter or fx during transitions.

Mix 4 - was a good mix, felt around 12 to 13 min mark needed to step up a little. tune at the end would of done it.

good battle.
    my vote goes to mix 2 just based on taste. i felt i knew a few more of the tunes and the hooks.

Thanks for listening and commenting

I've got my feedback ready but it will give away which mix was mine so I'll post it up once someone gives me the nod

Mix 1
    Smooth mixing in this set although not as funky as i'd hope. I was enjoying the flow of the set until the 4th track. The energy changed after this point, especially with the last track which was way too long.

Mix 2
    Great intro track, definitely setting a funky vibe. Mixing is on point too, very smooth and perfect execution. This 3rd track is what I think of when I hear funky house and the second to last track, but the entire set had a great funky vibe. Great job here.

Mix 3
    This was a beautiful set. Loved the house vibe here, almost borderline deep house - I would not consider this set funky. The last track, maybe but because of the flow of the set, the last track fit more because it was more deep than funky. If this was a deep house battle, it wouldve been hard to beat.

Mix 4
    Similar in style to the 3 set, somewhat deep house but just for the 1st half. It definitely gets more of a funky vibe mid-point on - especially that track around the 16 min mark. Nice track. Mixing is pretty solid although not as smooth as the other sets in this battle. And I am enjoying the track selection.

Vote: Mix 2
    Technically speaking, this battle is tough judge. You guys did a fantastic job with the transitions and track selection. Sets 2 and 3 stood out a bit more but i have to go with #2. Some of the mixes were boderline perfect.
    As for track selection - the set had more of what I would consider funky house.

Thanks for the tunes guys!

EDIT:

Sorry guys, I read something about Funky House above before I downloaded the sets and just assumed that was the genre for the battle. Regardless my vote was based on technical skill and over all set design - the genre stuff was just in the comments.

Last edited by Rek_Aviles; 02-18-2016 at 05:22 PM.

Listened to everyone's mixes, freaking great stuff all around. Good work everyone!

Thanks everybody for commenting and voting so far Less than 24 hours left now

I too think all three mixes are solid and all contestants have made a really good job

Congrats to number 2, very good job

I was number four

Wow, only 3 voters in total??

Any road here's my feedback

Mix 1

Nice mix from track 1 to track 2 although track 1 not my cup of tea

Track 2 cracking track - i.d. please

Nice mix into track 3 - need this i.d. as well please.

Nice mix into track 4 although track 4 not my cup of tea.

Mix into track 5 good although track 5 not my cup of tea.

Mix into track 6 good, but again track 6 not my cup of tea.

Overall, good flow & decent mix.

Mix 2

Mix from track 1 to track 2 although track 1 not my cup of tea.

Track 2 is ok

Mix into track 3 good & liking track 3

Mix into track 4 good but 4th track after 12 mins??

Mix into track 5 good & loving track 5 - need an i.d. on this please.

Mix into track 6 good & decent track.

Mix into track 7 good but track 7 @ 23 mins??

Track 8 @ 25 mins?? Mixing good.

Track 9 @ 29 mins?? Really??

I maybe well off with the amount of tracks in this mix tbf but if correct then I reckon tracks need to be given time to breath tbh. Need some i.d.'s though.

Mix 4

Track 1 very nice & nice mix into track 2.

Track 2 nice & good mix into track 3.

Track 3 ok but very nice mix into track 4.

Track 4 a belter. I.D. required please & good mix into track 5.

Track 5 ok 7 mix into track 6 good.

Track 6 good & mix into track 7 good.

Track 7 is nice & mix into track 8 good.

Track 8 is ok although not my cup of tea. Mix into track 9 is good.

Track 9 is ok.

Overall a decent mix. My sort of tracks mixed well. Maybe too many tracks though, as like the other mix, need to let some tracks breath & play more of it.

Technically the 3 mixes were good - no train wrecks etc and I voted for mix 4 as my favourite just cos it was my type of music being played.

Apols if I counted 2 many tracks in the mixes though as I don't think I recognized any of the tracks played in the 3 mixes that weren't mine. Also my definition of funky house is probably based on stuff from late 90's/early 2000's so I'm possibly behind the times, LOL.

Mine was mix 3 - tracklist here

''I Believe (Vocal Mix)'' - Ricky Montanari
    ''Hit The Morning Beat'' (Richard Earnshaw Remix) - Soul Cola
    ''One More Time (Sean McCabe Main Vocal Mix)'' - Divas of Color feat. Evelyn Champagne King
    ''So Lets Go'' - JazzLoungerz
    ''Shine'' - Jazzloungerz & Headtrip ft Lu Chase
    ''Right On! (Can 7 Taste the Music Mix)'' - SILICONE SOUL

Enjoyed this battle - had some fun and I took time out to really to listen to the other mixes in a darkened room whilst taking notes as I listened - I rarely listen to other mixes these days but it was good to do so.

Yes, shame this only received 3 votes.

Tough to get listeners when there are 3 or more sets to listen to.

Here's the tracklist for my mix:

Duke Dumont Ft. Robert Owen - Robert Talking
    Fabio Tosti - Keep it Down
    Deeplomatik feat. Adam Joseph & Nick Sinckler - In the Back
    Me & My Toothbrush - Gold Member
    Teddy Douglas - Check It Out
    Late Night Hustle - Tha Word
    DJ Sneak - Body Talkin (DJ Mes Town Business Mix)
    DJ PP & Jack Mood - Rock The House
    Riva Starr & Dajae - The Loft

I agree with Basil, all mixes were techinically very good. Everybody kept it pretty much to the theme of 125ish underground house. Good job everyone
    As for letting the tracks breathe, I usually do that, but for a short mix like this I wanted to cram in just a few more than I usually do.